Festival toilets

pinkmolly226

How does everybody deal with the festival toilets? They're unavoidable for us all so does anyone have any advice on which ones are the cleanest? 

I was thinking of buying biodegradable toilet seat covers but they're pretty pricey and when I drink the bladder fills up pretty quickly haha. 

its the toilet covers or some serious hovering lol 

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, pinkmolly226 said:

How does everybody deal with the festival toilets? They're unavoidable for us all so does anyone have any advice on which ones are the cleanest? 

I was thinking of buying biodegradable toilet seat covers but they're pretty pricey and when I drink the bladder fills up pretty quickly haha. 

its the toilet covers or some serious hovering lol 

In my first year (2010), I took lots of the biodegradable loo seat covers but soon abandoned them. I learned by the following year that a pack of Flashwipe-type things in my rucksack were useful for wiping the loo seat before using it (as long as the loo is relatively clean when you first walk in.)

In 2013, I discovered the compost loos, which they were trying out. Bliss! As long as there's enough sawdust, it doesn't smell so abominable. Apparently there are 1300 of them this year so I will be aiming for them! So to speak...!

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I wipe them with toilet roll if they're wet. If not, then I just sit on them. Squatting generally increases the chances of leaving  the toilet is a worse state  than you found it.

If they're only wet that's not too bad a situation, it's the solids that terrify me lol. Seen a few crackers in my time :sorry: xx 

7 minutes ago, pinkmolly226 said:

If they're only wet that's not too bad a situation, it's the solids that terrify me lol. Seen a few crackers in my time :sorry: xx 

Take wet wipes for the solids on the seat, or just pick another one if there's  a turd on the seat.

1 minute ago, pinkmolly226 said:

Us girls even have to concentrate on not letting our knickers touch the wet floor, whilst trying to not let our arses touch the wet pan, whilst trying to aim the pan haha 

Pan=seat? Dry the seat first. It's worth it.

3 minutes ago, JanieM28 said:

@Hugh Jass You're a man - us girls don't have todgers to do an easy, quick, widdle!

We still need to sit down every now and then though.

Mrs Jass was freaking out about the toilets the very first time she went. I said to her that if she allows herself to get freaked out over the prospect of using the toilets it'll dominate her weekend and she won't enjoy it. As I've said, it's such a small part of your day. 

9 minutes ago, pinkmolly226 said:

I've never understood why someone would shit on the toilet seat. Totally baffling and always a nasty surprise when you walk into the longdrop. Why do they do it?

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Take wet wipes for the solids on the seat, or just pick another one if there's  a turd on the seat.

Pan=seat? Dry the seat first. It's worth it.

Haha sorry that's the Scottish words coming out here lol. I will go armed with lots of wipes! Xx

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

We still need to sit down every now and then though.

Mrs Jass was freaking out about the toilets the very first time she went. I said to her that if she allows herself to get freaked out over the prospect of using the toilets it'll dominate her weekend and she won't enjoy it. As I've said, it's such a small part of your day. 

Yeah I'm the same, do tend to over think the toilet situation. My boyfriend works in drainage so they're nothing to him either. Just need to get drunk and not think about it lol. 

2 minutes ago, Twisted Melon said:

I've never understood why someone would shit on the toilet seat. Totally baffling and always a nasty surprise when you walk into the longdrop. Why do they do it?

I don't think it's a conscious decision to be honest :P

Or at least I hope not.

2 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

I have a weak stomach with things like this but it's just one of those things you have no choice but to accept. I do think some people could be a bit more courteous and not leave such a mess!!

Tell me about it! I understand everyone is drunk and miss the seat doing a pee but I don't get how ppl can leave other things all over the place *spew!