Alternative Nighttime Entertainment

bekimo

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Fluffy Rock Cafe has some good none dance stuff on till late. There's plently of other stuff about too, you just need to sniff it out. Gaz's Rocket Lounge is another, Kamikaze Karaoke provide some quality entertainment.

I have no love for dance music and generally find something to keep me happy until at least 2. As an old git I'd rather crash out then and be revived and ready to kick off at 11 when the music starts again. 

I have no idea where Fluffy Rock cafe is. We need to discuss. 

I can also vouch for Wheel of 4 Tunes - Had a real laugh there last year (particularly the anarchy when a few very, very drunk girls decided to invade the stage - and Chameleon for an indie disco. 

I'd love to explore the SE Corner more... you see some sights down there, just not sure it's worth the crowds and queues. 

32 minutes ago, Titters said:

I'd love to explore the SE Corner more... you see some sights down there, just not sure it's worth the crowds and queues. 

Yep. I think a lot of people feel the same way. I tend to go when the pyramid headliner is on, super quiet then!

14 hours ago, Harmonic Prospector said:

One of my favourite things to see each year is the Wheel Of Four Tunes drawing people away from their trudge towards the SE corner entrance just by their sheer enthusiasm and party atmosphere they are able to generate. Seeing their crowd grow steadily as people lose it to every genre of music you can imagine is always a great Glasto moment. Their song choices for each genre are always inspired and there is almost an anarchic sense of unpredictability about each set they play. Their crowd banter and the ability to hold a crowd in the palm of their hands as they jump from Rock, Cheese,  Hip-Hop, Ska, 60s, Dubstep, Power Ballads, etc. and not have anyone drift away is one of the reasons why our group and many others go back year after year. 

Just to add to my previous post for those suffering with anxiety in big crowds, they perform on Sensation Seekers in Bella's Field meaning there is plenty of space for you to dance without having to be part of a huge crowd. 

15 hours ago, Titters said:

I have no idea where Fluffy Rock cafe is. We need to discuss. 

I can also vouch for Wheel of 4 Tunes - Had a real laugh there last year (particularly the anarchy when a few very, very drunk girls decided to invade the stage - and Chameleon for an indie disco. 

It's pretty much next door from manic organic head down from it and it's on the corner on your right 

On 5/2/2016 at 7:34 PM, stuwilky said:

Its on the way up from West Holts to the Stone Circle - next to Greenpeace field.

Shss don't tell them! Its not that large!!

(Has a cheapish Cocktail bar to!)

On 5/2/2016 at 8:01 PM, RichardWaller said:

Ah love their egg butties, bargain.

Got to be one of the best value food items on site!!!

On 5/2/2016 at 7:19 PM, Titters said:

What I've done in the past and has worked really well is go to the likes of Williams green, beat hotel etc until they close then head down to the SE the crowds have usually tinned out a bit by then 

7 minutes ago, donthaveacoolname said:

What I've done in the past and has worked really well is go to the likes of Williams green, beat hotel etc until they close then head down to the SE the crowds have usually tinned out a bit by then 

That's a good idea. I might have to give that a go one night. :) 

2 hours ago, donthaveacoolname said:

I second that idea what time does the likes of The Beat Hotel and Williams Green close?

8 minutes ago, HattersBoy said:

I second that idea what time does the likes of The Beat Hotel and Williams Green close?

around 2:00-3:00am I think.  It's very hazy but I do recall being herded out of the Beat Hotel at 3:00am one year.  Can't remember what night. 

17 minutes ago, HattersBoy said:

From what I've read, it appears that it all closes at 3am. Chameleon is definitely 3am. 

This is the same time the one way system at the SE corner ceases. 

23 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

around 2:00-3:00am I think.  It's very hazy but I do recall being herded out of the Beat Hotel at 3:00am one year.  Can't remember what night. 

Ok thanks for that and the SE corner is open to about 6am Fri and Sat, now its just a case of lasting to that time.

On 1 May 2016 at 5:02 AM, bekimo said:

Just having a bit of a disagreement with my baby bro. He says there is only "boom boom tick tick" (dance) music available after dark at Glastonbury. 

I'm sure there is other stuff! I mean it's Glastonbury!!. After 3 years of attending the festival I've not really experienced much nightlife as I suffer from anxiety and shangri la had me in a full on anxiety attack in our first year so I haven't really risked it again. 

Anyone have any tips or experiences of non-dance-music late night fun things!? I need to prove my brother wrong. He's intolerable when he thinks he's right!!!

Btw the Bimble inn in the park sells daiquiris totally missed this one so I'm there this year lol

fluffy rock cafe is good, Cornish arms, t&c fields are on the list for me too...

i get a bit claustrophobic so have to be careful so usually avoid SE corner for that reason...saying that got caught in the James Bay crowd leaving the pyramid as didn't realise times had changed!! was a hairy moment so scuttled back to the Cornish arms for safety :)

4 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

Always a challenge unless on drugs or a professional lol

Or have an afternoon nap :)

I've flaked out at several stages when the ground has been dry.  I read of someone on here in the last couple of days who said they don't usually go out and about until about 5pm and then they can carry on until 6am!