Top 3 Prince Songs

donshakey

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wrote a top 3 last night but I think two of them would have to be replaced with Gett Off and Hot Thing. Have no idea which two, though. I'm revising at home today - MTV still paying excellent homage - hence why my top 3 keeps changing!

You rarely  - alright, never - hear Diamonds & Pearls / Symbol albums mentioned as his best work, but in this period he was releasing killer singles all over the shop.

Check out this run of form in the space of about 14 months:

"Gett Off"
"Cream" "Diamonds and Pearls"   "Money Don't Matter 2 Night" "Thunder" (Europe only) "Sezxy MF" "My Name Is Prince" [

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

You rarely  - alright, never - hear Diamonds & Pearls / Symbol albums mentioned as his best work, but in this period he was releasing killer singles all over the shop.

"Gett Off"

"Cream" "Diamonds and Pearls"   "Money Don't Matter 2 Night" "Thunder" (Europe only) "Sezxy MF" "My Name Is Prince" [

I mean when you see it like that...

I also like The Most Beautiful Girl in the World. Come at me.

Ive smirked a few times over the years whenever Ive spotted something as innocuous to the uninitiated as "Around the World in a Day" in someone's record collection and copping instantly that they were an absolute stoner.

Edited by Wooderson

Around the world in a day was the first Prince album i bought new, as in, when it came out. Blew my tiny mind. Still probably my favourite. Amazing piece of work. Got at least 2 or 3 copies on vinyl in my collection, for various reasons.

4 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

"Gett Off"

You've made me call into question the entirety of my earlier list now.  Can't believe I forgot Money Don't Matter.

2 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Primarily that youre a baker of herculean proportions.

More that if I see it in a charity shop or a secondhand stall, I'm just unable to pass up the opportunity. It's the same with Damon Runyon books.