Adele sub headliner?

Mark Pooler

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

I just don't get why people think it's Disclosure! There's nothing linking them to that spot, but there is info saying they are headlining the Other. BMTH make the most sense not to headline, so the Other headliners will likely be Disclosure, NO and LCD.

It might not be RH or Kendrick,  but I don't think it's Disclosure at all.

Might be wrong of course :P

There's info linking 4 acts to the 3 Other headline slots. One of them must be wrong and there's no info linking any of them to different slots.

Both New Order and BMTH are the only ones specifically rumoured for Saturday and Sunday, whilst Friday has both LCD Soundsystem and Disclosure being rumoured for it. Therefore, it seems most likely that one of these is incorrect. In the absence of a Saturday Pyramid sub as it stands, Disclosure being the incorrect Other headliner and actually being in this slot is the obvious outcome for me.

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, jed300 said:

Disclosure themselves saying it will be their biggest ever show. And their R&L Co headliner playing that exact spot on the Friday. 

That's more than nothing. 

Occams razor 

They said they're returning with their biggest show and it sounded more like they were talking about their stage show.

Subbing the Pyramid isn't bigger than headlining R&L, anyway; regardless of how we on here view Glasto.

Just now, Will-2609 said:

There's info linking 4 acts to the 3 Other headline slots. One of them must be wrong and there's no info linking any of them to different slots.

Both New Order and BMTH are the only ones specifically rumoured for Saturday and Sunday, whilst Friday has both LCD Soundsystem and Disclosure being rumoured for it. Therefore, it seems most likely that one of these is incorrect. In the absence of a Saturday Pyramid sub as it stands, Disclosure being the incorrect Other headliner and actually being in this slot is the obvious outcome for me.

I understand the thought process, but I just think if Disclosure were playing that slot the info would have leaked and Neil would have found out by now.

And I know 'it's just the poster', but BMTH look like anything but Other stage headliners on that first poster.

Out of Bring Me the Horizon, LCD Soundsystem, Disclosure and New Order, Disclosure at the ones that would go down best with Adele's crowd, I can't imagine her having much of a crossover with any of the others whereas Disclosure are hugely popular (and would go down a storm if they brought out Sam Smith etc.)

Just now, Alex DeLarge said:

Out of Bring Me the Horizon, LCD Soundsystem, Disclosure and New Order, Disclosure at the ones that would go down best with Adele's crowd, I can't imagine her having much of a crossover with any of the others whereas Disclosure are hugely popular (and would go down a storm if they brought out Sam Smith etc.)

Whilst this is true, the thinking is that if it isn't Disclosure it's someone who is yet to be announced. So their suitability compared to the other three acts isn't really relevant.

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

I understand the thought process, but I just think if Disclosure were playing that slot the info would have leaked and Neil would have found out by now.

And I know 'it's just the poster', but BMTH look like anything but Other stage headliners on that first poster.

I really really hope you are correct, but I just can't see there being a sub to come.

1 minute ago, Will-2609 said:

I really really hope you are correct, but I just can't see there being a sub to come.

*whispers* I have a feeling Neil might know a bit more than he's letting on, and he seems pretty convinced the sub is yet TBA. The fact he's throwing out suggestions like Beyonce makes me think he knows something special is definitely in the works.

I may be completely off base though.

So a random lurker has popped on to say Radiohead aren't subbing, can't tell us how he knows or who is actually subbing!

But they maybe playing somewhere else... Maybe!! 

This source is so good on Radiohead Info that he has been told they Maybe playing!! Good good.

I think Neil's reluctance to believe Disclosure are headlining speaks volumes. They only reason people placed them there was because of the LCD/NO/BMTH info which we've since heard - with regards BMTH - might not have been spot on. It was simply because they were too big to play anywhere else and that was the available slot. If there is indeed a slot headlining the Other then that's where they'll be. Bastille's guy placed Disclosure on the Other, Loaded have always said Disclosure on the Other, it might very well be the case that Radiohead aren't subbing Adele but I genuinely don't think there's much chance of it being Disclosure either. 

Look at the Other headliners of recent years, Disclosure/New Order/LCD is completely in line with what they've done. BMTH stuck out like a sore thumb on there and it's no real surprise that they're probably not going to be headlining it after all.

Edited by SwedgeAntilles
Speeling

5 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I think Neil's reluctance to believe Disclosure are headlining speaks volumes. They only reason people placed them there was because of the LCD/NO/BMTH info which we've since heard - with regards BMTH - might not have been spot on. It was simply because they were too big to play anywhere else and that was the available slot. If there is indeed a slot headlining the Other then that's where they'll be. Bastille's guy placed Disclosure on the Other, Loaded have always said Disclosure on the Other, it might very well be the case that Radiohead aren't subbing Adele but I genuinely don't think there's much chance of it being Disclosure either. 

Look at the Other headliners of recent years, Disclosure/New Order/LCD is completely in line with what they've done. BMTH stuck out like a sore thumb on there and it's no real surprise that they're probably not going to be headlining it after all.

A-ha! My backup has arrived. Well said sir. 

It's simple really - loads of info places Disclosure as an Other another, no info places them as a sub headliner (apart from some tenuous circumstantial evidence).

Something is coming. Don't know what, might be RH, might not, but something is coming. 

14 minutes ago, jparx said:

A-ha! My backup has arrived. Well said sir. 

It's simple really - loads of info places Disclosure as an Other another, no info places them as a sub headliner (apart from some tenuous circumstantial evidence).

Something is coming. Don't know what, might be RH, might not, but something is coming. 

I saw the Swedge-Signal illuminated in the sky. 

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I'll throw a tenner at WaterAid if BMTH don't headline the Other, if anyone wants to take the action the other way. That's something people have been refusing to believe for the longest.

you thinking Disclosure are the missing sub then? or do you have other ideas for how LCD fit in to all of this?

13 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I'll throw a tenner at WaterAid if BMTH don't headline the Other, if anyone wants to take the action the other way. That's something people have been refusing to believe for the longest.

I'm happy to put my money where my mouth is for a good cause, I'll match you Dental.

6 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

you thinking Disclosure are the missing sub then? or do you have other ideas for how LCD fit in to all of this?

One of the two, I guess. It just seems blatantly obvious to me as it's where it'd make sense for them to go, it's where we've heard they'll go and it's where Sykes apparently said they're playing. I just feel like there are people, possibly the majority now, that are trying not to believe it.

Just now, SwedgeAntilles said:

I'm happy to put my money where my mouth is for a good cause, I'll match you Dental.

Good man. You've satisfied my thirst for a wager this year.

1 minute ago, Odessa said:

Really hope LCD don't end up on the Pyramid. There'll be so many people there just to wait for the headliner.

It'll be brilliant regardless, but I want the whole crowd to be up for it, and not just waiting for Adele.

We could all plan to head for a specific area and make a random, baffling pocket of people up for it in the middle of a sea of Adele fans.

6 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Really hope LCD don't end up on the Pyramid. There'll be so many people there just to wait for the headliner.

It'll be brilliant regardless, but I want the whole crowd to be up for it, and not just waiting for Adele.

LCD aren't popular enough in the UK for the Pyramid sub I'd say. They're pretty much perfect for Other headliner. I'd be stunned if they're anywhere else.