John Peel headliners

Funkyfairy!

I love the JP tent, and hoping its going to be amazing in its new venue

Have there been any rumours for headliners? Who do you think are going to play.

With the likes of Saturday nights Suede (amazing) and Kaisers the last two years I'm looking forward to seeing if they follow the same genre for Saturday night

I saw the Doves in JP as my first ever Glastonbury headliner

I was listening to the Editors over the weekend- they would sound superb in the tent :-)

Any JP acts rumoured at all ?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The JP can be great if you get a band on their way up in there, particularly in the afternoon. Remember seeing the Killers in 2004 just after Mr Brightside was out and it was bloody brilliant, The Magic Numbers in 2005 had an incredible atmosphere, Mumfords and Florence (I think in the same year, or was it 09 then 10?), Gaslight Anthem when Springsteen came on - happy days!

This year? Who knows. Wish I'd been there for Suede. 

1 minute ago, Yokel Again said:

The JP can be great if you get a band on their way up in there, particularly in the afternoon. Remember seeing the Killers in 2004 just after Mr Brightside was out and it was bloody brilliant, The Magic Numbers in 2005 had an incredible atmosphere, Mumfords and Florence (I think in the same year, or was it 09 then 10?), Gaslight Anthem when Springsteen came on - happy days!

Royal blood were fantastic in 2014

44 minutes ago, theDandy said:

Editors are in Germany over Glastonbury weekend I believe! On the lineup predictors thread I think I've seen Catfish & the Bottlemen, Haim, Bloc Party all mentioned

Editors would make a great JP headliner. Just checked and they're doing Hurricane/Southside in Germany that weekend. Not sure if they can fit Glastonbury in as well...

Saw both Shikari and Suede play really great headline sets last year. Made a nice change to be able to wander to the front close to showtime, and not have to spend hours waiting in a packed Pyramid field.

10 minutes ago, Yokel Again said:

Wish I'd been there for the Killers (hadnt discovered Glastonbury at that stage). I was there for Gaslight - oh what a memory. I shouted so loud 'its Bruce' that I damaged my vocal chords and was hoarse for weeks afterwards lol - there is something about that tent that makes music sound amazing the atmosphere electric

Hurts a few years ago were pretty special too :-)

I don't really spent too much time in the JP tent, remember waiting for The Streets in 2011 then bottling it at the last minute legging it over the West Holts for Kool & The Gang as I wasn't too familiar with their stuff and wanted to end with a West Holts party.

John Peel is great for afternoon sets, Sleaford Mods being a great example and OK Go were also great in '11 as well. I usually see 1 or 2 sets in there. Never watched a headline show at John Peel but if someone decent like, for example, Underworld headline then I would definately turn up to watch them.

Edited by BlackHole2006

9 minutes ago, across97 said:

I think Catfish would be a headliner, and Id like to see Courteeners be given that JP headliner a slot but thats a bit too narrow of a genre. Who knows really, but I think Catfish have been one of the most talked about on here

If Grimes is big enough to be one then I only see it being out of Grimes, Bloc Party, Catfish and Haim, with Bloc Party and Catfish almost seeming obvious. Pyramid would be the only other for them I feel and I don't see them being 4th down and 5th is probably too low.

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

If Grimes is big enough to be one then I only see it being out of Grimes, Bloc Party, Catfish and Haim, with Bloc Party and Catfish almost seeming obvious. Pyramid would be the only other for them I feel and I don't see them being 4th down and 5th is probably too low.

Catfish on Saturday would be alright, not a huge fan of Adele, New Order is a good alternative for me but Catfish would be my preferred out of those three. Still be tempted to see Adele as it'll be a historic show Im sure, but not worth going just for bragging rights

4 minutes ago, across97 said:

Catfish on Saturday would be alright, not a huge fan of Adele, New Order is a good alternative for me but Catfish would be my preferred out of those three. Still be tempted to see Adele as it'll be a historic show Im sure, but not worth going just for bragging rights

If it was Bloc Party opposite Adele then I'd go Adele, Catfish I don't think I'd miss.

1 hour ago, Funkyfairy! said:

I saw the Doves in JP as my first ever Glastonbury headliner

DITTO! 2009 was my first glasto. At that time i wasnt overly familliar with Neil Young and Doves had always been a favourite of mine. Such a great show. Caught By the river followed by Cedar Room was just amazing. I havent been back in their for a headliner since.