David Bowie RIP

Woffy

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Would be the best I'm gonna get. And probably still be the best gig I saw the whole weekend. (everyone could leave after Let's Dance too, knowing he was gonna finish on afraid of Americans).

They don't normally let you in front of sound desk though Wed and Thurs so there might not be enough room for everyone who wanted to be there.

I'm a proud hater of let's dance, but the version he did that night is well ace

I think it would be more likely to be a problem with amplified music being played outside of the permitted licensing agreement times.

Based on the soundboard gig recordings I've downloaded in the past though, I wouldn't think that audio quality would be any kind of problem.

12 minutes ago, Spindles said:

I think it would be more likely to be a problem with amplified music being played outside of the permitted licensing agreement times.

Based on the soundboard gig recordings I've downloaded in the past though, I wouldn't think that audio quality would be any kind of problem.

Probably loads of reasons why it can't happen, crowd control, noise etc. but it would be a wonderful thing if it did.

13 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Yeah, realistically, it probably wouldn't happen for that reason.  We can dream though.

Undoubtedly.  My glastonbury 2000 was the kind of catastrofuck that sometimes a festival can be and I ended up watching Bowie on the telly having been on site just a few hours earlier.  A great regret to this day.  I'd love to see that gig in full in such a setting.

Still in shock.

Tweeted EE.

The only thing that left a slightly bad taste in my mouth when I started the thread early this morning (awake with crying baby) was that BBC Breakfast interrupted their schedule, went to breaking news, announced the awful, crushing news and went straight to the Radcliffe narrated obit. I know they prepare these things in advance, but it just didn't...sit right...feel respectful despite being totally admiring.

I probably don't know what I'm going on about. Can't articulate properly today. Awful news.

16 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Probably loads of reasons why it can't happen, crowd control, noise etc. but it would be a wonderful thing if it did.

no different from the football though is it? And a football crowd would need far more control due to the threat of violence etc

Edited by russycarps

4 minutes ago, russycarps said:

no different from the football though is it? And a football crowd would need far more control due to the threat of violence etc

Not sure, since it's music it may well be licensed differently, even though what you say makes sense.  

Edited by stuartbert two hats