David Bowie RIP

Woffy

11 minutes ago, russycarps said:

Cheers I've never even heard of that channel! I thought all the music channels were cack, is this usually decent? Just found I've got it and put it on. Will finish off the c4 thing later

First song fashion....ffs

Edit the program description is ace: 'for once words fail us. This will speak for itself.'

You missed the live Ziggy stuff. Suffragette City was particularly good.... Ronson was giving it some!

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for the channel, it is pretty hit and miss.

Had a Stevie Wonder afternoon before Christmas, which showed live stuff mixed with videos etc. That was great.

Had a "drummers" day too... great live footage of Ginger Baker from the not so distant past.

But its often crap. I just check it out and see what they are doing.

6 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

It's reallt funny at the start of that five years documentary when he plays the riff from moonage daydream like a proper rock god. And then starts talking in a really broad hull accent. 

Yeah :lol: ruins everything

Oh yes! This c4 thing has an ace under pressure bit then dancing in the street. Get in!

The difference I've noticed between the media coverage and us lot, is that the interviews and documentaries keep banging on about his gender bending and his personas.  I get the feeling that most of you lot (like me) couldn't give a monkeys* about whether he wore a dress, but are generally enthralled and spellbound by the wonderful records.

* I don't mean to belittle the effect he has had in giving the LGBT confidence to express themselves, it's just to me far far less interesting that his primary art - the music.  

18 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

The difference I've noticed between the media coverage and us lot, is that the interviews and documentaries keep banging on about his gender bending and his personas.  I get the feeling that most of you lot (like me) couldn't give a monkeys* about whether he wore a dress, but are generally enthralled and spellbound by the wonderful records.

* I don't mean to belittle the effect he has had in giving the LGBT confidence to express themselves, it's just to me far far less interesting that his primary art - the music.  

100% this.

15 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I'm going to have to leave this thread and listen to some other music tomorrow, just wanted to share this tweet from Duncan Jones, sent in relation to Blackstar's chart success about 10 hours before he confirmed Bowie's death.

I get something in my eye when I read it.

I've had something in my eye for 2 days solid now.

14 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Pretty much the ones I can name, as well as who I think is Thurston Moore back left.

Kim Gordon & Lee Ranaldo also of Sonic Youth, possibly their drummer as well at the back in the white top maybe, Steve Shelley?  and isn't the guy sat to the front former Oasis drummer Alan White?

Edited by ericlered

14 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Pretty much the ones I can name, as well as who I think is Thurston Moore back left.

Yep that's definitely Thurston Moore

1 minute ago, ericlered said:

Kim Gordon & Lee Ranaldo also of Sonic Youth, possibly their drummer as well, Steve Shelley?  and isn't the guy sat to the front former Oasis drummer Alan White?

Next to Robert Smith? It was annoying me as I definitely know his face, it's not Alan White though I'm sure 

15 minutes ago, ericlered said:

Kim Gordon & Lee Ranaldo also of Sonic Youth, possibly their drummer as well at the back in the white top maybe, Steve Shelley?  and isn't the guy sat to the front former Oasis drummer Alan White?

14 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Yep that's definitely Thurston Moore

Next to Robert Smith? It was annoying me as I definitely know his face, it's not Alan White though I'm sure 

Yeah you must be right, it can't possibly be Alan White...

The tall guy at the back with blonde highlights is in Placebo as well, guessing there might be more members of said band as well, wouldn't recognise them.

Edited by ericlered