Sigur Ros

admscott

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, theDandy said:

Wilderness Festival have just tweeted me saying "Better believe! x" after I tweeted them saying "hi does this mean that Crystal Fighters are the last headliner alongside Robert Plant and Flaming Lips?". So that most certainly rules out Sigur Ros for them. Leaving them with either Glastonbury or Bestival in the frame for their second UK festival appearance after Citadel? Very exciting!

Excellent detective work there

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Ohhh shit that's good news. It's just gotta be Glastonbury hasn't it? Tour dates fit perfectly.

I'll be surprised if they aren't at Glastonbury now. Tour dates fit perfectly with them being in Denmark just before and Ireland on the Sunday of Glastonbury, leaving them with only Friday or Saturday to play at Glastonbury? They'll either be on the Other on the Friday (New Order playing the Saturday) or West Holts Friday or Saturday? Too big for the Park surely? & John Peel doesn't really seem to fit in for me? Or can people see them playing on there?

6 minutes ago, Timberford said:

Is Green Man a possibility? The last Green Man announcement says there is one more headliner to come:

"Keep your eyes peeled, ‘cause we still have heaps more talent to announce along with our final headliner"

Sigur Ros tour schedule leaves them free on the 19th and 21st August during Green Man...

Oh tits

13 minutes ago, theDandy said:

I'll be surprised if they aren't at Glastonbury now. Tour dates fit perfectly with them being in Denmark just before and Ireland on the Sunday of Glastonbury, leaving them with only Friday or Saturday to play at Glastonbury? They'll either be on the Other on the Friday (New Order playing the Saturday) or West Holts Friday or Saturday? Too big for the Park surely? & John Peel doesn't really seem to fit in for me? Or can people see them playing on there?

Friday WH would suit me. Im all aboard that train

32 minutes ago, Timberford said:

Is Green Man a possibility? The last Green Man announcement says there is one more headliner to come:

"Keep your eyes peeled, ‘cause we still have heaps more talent to announce along with our final headliner"

Sigur Ros tour schedule leaves them free on the 19th and 21st August during Green Man...

who isn't a headliner? belle and sebastian, wild beasts or james blake, or is there four headliners, damn we were so close to being certain

28 minutes ago, Timberford said:

You flipping killjoy you! This is indeed possible I suppose. Unpleasant spanner in the works.

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Perhaps more likely that one of the bands currently assumed to be headlining the Other Stage - LCD Soundsystem, for example - are actually subbing the Pyramid.

LCD in to Adele would be quite a shift, but I don't see it - just seems too different, and I imagine she'll have a more pop act before her. Got a bad feeling they'll be at Green Man now. Makes a lot more sense than any of these weird slots at Glastonbury

9 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The world's least groovy band on the world's most groovy stage. What could be more fitting?

(This is going to be my Stu Two Hats "Groups Don't Play the Sunday Legends Slot" leitmotif, isn't it?)

Let's hope so, because it would be the best place for them to go, just in terms of location.

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

LCD in to Adele would be quite a shift, but I don't see it - just seems too different, and I imagine she'll have a more pop act before her. Got a bad feeling they'll be at Green Man now. Makes a lot more sense than any of these weird slots at Glastonbury

green man is announced isnt it? I recall being underwhelmed.

Edited by russycarps