Bowie now retired from touring :(

billum

Thanks for posting that. Hadn't seen it mentioned elsewhere, which is surprising as it's a couple of days old. Think most people already presumed this was a given but, like me, live in hope (present tense intentional).

When I went to see his Sound+Vision tour at Docklands it was sold as his retirement tour, and, what a retirement tour that would have been! They should have called it Bowie Does The Singles! Just looked at Wiki and apparently he's toured seven times since then.

1990. Fuck me. 25 years ago. That's over half of my life.

Anyway. Came here to point out that stopping touring does not necessary exclude the odd one off show.

Live in hope!

Thanks for posting that. Hadn't seen it mentioned elsewhere, which is surprising as it's a couple of days old. Think most people already presumed this was a given but, like me, live in hope (present tense intentional).

When I went to see his Sound+Vision tour at Docklands it was sold as his retirement tour, and, what a retirement tour that would have been! They should have called it Bowie Does The Singles! Just looked at Wiki and apparently he's toured seven times since then.

1990. Fuck me. 25 years ago. That's over half of my life.

Anyway. Came here to point out that stopping touring does not necessary exclude the odd one off show.

Live in hope!

-----------------------------

Re ' When I went to see his Sound+Vision tour at Docklands it was sold as his retirement tour '

it was not his retirement - he meant ' his old songs ' 

{ It was stated that Bowie would never perform these greatest hits on tour again. Bowie said "knowing I won't ever have those songs to rely on again spurs me to keep doing new things, which is good for an artist."Bowie looked forward to retiring his old hits, stating: It's time to put about 30 or 40 songs to bed and it's my intention that this will be the last time I'll ever do those songs completely, because if I want to make a break from what I've done up until now }

I have lost count how many times I have seen him since then ' in the 90's '

Phoenix Festival 1996 but there was others - Finsbury park etc etc .

I do agree with you ' he may do a on off ' although as he is six years older than me I can see his point . 

• 2 weeks later...

I wasn't there in 2000 unfortunately but I know lots of people who not only consider it the greatest Glastonbury set of all time but their ultimate show ever. As much as I'd love to see him grace that stage once more, there's a part of me that thinks it would probably be best to leave the memory there. Can you imagine if he played and it didn't live up to the hype? I don't think he's done a proper show for almost ten years, whether that makes a difference or not I don't know

Like Radiohead, there's pretty much no milage in him playing. There's nothing good that can come of it for him. All he'll get is people saying 'not as good as last time'. 

goddam you, I'm going to have to take the bait...

Radiohead have released an album that is as good or better than anything they played in 1997 or 2003, therefore it is a crime against music if they never play again.