Radiohead touring in 2016

Redwinevino

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Lord Rooster said:

Think the only thing holding me back is the inevitable toilet trip it'll lead to. Sort of makes the last hour of standing here somewhat redundant. Any idea what they have on tap inside the venue?

No idea sorry, I'm very slowly sipping water to maintain a delicate balance between dehydrating and needing to pee. But I would love an ice cold beer, it's been a stressful trip to get here! 

7 minutes ago, J.B. said:

No idea sorry, I'm very slowly sipping water to maintain a delicate balance between dehydrating and needing to pee. But I would love an ice cold beer, it's been a stressful trip to get here! 

Snap. Seven plus hours on a Megabus and looking at an even longer overnight journey home if you include the two hour stop off in Leeds!

7 minutes ago, Lord Rooster said:

Snap. Seven plus hours on a Megabus and looking at an even longer overnight journey home if you include the two hour stop off in Leeds!

The girl beside me on the train had a seizure and was unconscious for about 15 minutes. We had to stop the train and wait for an ambulance while we looked after her. Then an ambulance car turned up and had no way of moving her so we had to wait for another real ambulance. She seemed okay in the end just quite confused as they took her away to recover. It was quite a stressful morning, not the chilled one I'd planned. Sainsburys looking more tempting now I've recounted that. 

Should have bought Travel Johns.

Edited by J.B.

6 minutes ago, J.B. said:

The girl beside me on the train had a seizure and was unconscious for about 15 minutes. We had to stop the train and wait for an ambulance while we looked after her. Then an ambulance car turned up and had no way of moving her so we had to wait for another real ambulance. She seemed okay in the end just quite confused as they took her away to recover. It was quite a stressful morning, not the chilled one I'd planned. Sainsburys looking more tempting now I've recounted that. 

Good God. Sing that in a slightly high pitch drawn out manner to some skittish WARP era techno (with strings) and I'll queue to watch you play.

I'll even piss meself.

:-)

Edited by Woffy
I fucking love the 'shoula brought Travel Johns' refrain!

7 minutes ago, J.B. said:

Yep. I'd definitely be needing a drink or two after that!  Hope the show itself is stress-free for you!

22 minutes ago, J.B. said:

I see you! You could get us BOTH beers from the position! 

Really feeling like i should have headed to the downstairs bar before joining the queue on the stairs. Gonna weigh up my options once the main space doors open - if it doesn't look like I'll lose out on a good vantage point I'll be straight to the bar! This would be much less of an issue if i weren't as bloody short!

12 minutes ago, Lord Rooster said:

Really feeling like i should have headed to the downstairs bar before joining the queue on the stairs. Gonna weigh up my options once the main space doors open - if it doesn't look like I'll lose out on a good vantage point I'll be straight to the bar! This would be much less of an issue if i weren't as bloody short!

I'm three deep back from centre front. If you got us both a drink I could save you a spot :D 

It's funny, @bennyhana22, I thought Decks Dark was the most disappointing of the new ones. Maybe it's because I expected it to translate the best, it just seemed to lack something. Also thought Ful Stop was probably the best of the new crop, though Identikit sounded great (from the toilet :(). 

Presented in a Radiothread trademark list, my top 5 of the night were:

1) Idioteque

2) Weird Fishes

3) Myxamatosis

4) Airbag

5) Kid A

6 minutes ago, CHRLY said:

It's funny, @bennyhana22, I thought Decks Dark was the most disappointing of the new ones. Maybe it's because I expected it to translate the best, it just seemed to lack something. Also thought Ful Stop was probably the best of the new crop, though Identikit sounded great (from the toilet :(). 

Presented in a Radiothread trademark list, my top 5 of the night were:

1) Idioteque

2) Weird Fishes

3) Myxamatosis

4) Airbag

5) Kid A

Idioteque seems like such a banger from the streams.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

No way Adele is cancelling. She's signed a contract to perform, she can't just back out if she decides she doesn't fancy it.

I agree. Besides, I have just consulted my source and they are proceeding with arrangements  for Adele as they have been for weeks. Nothing rumoured at their end, at any rate.