Radiohead touring in 2016

Redwinevino

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

It was either The Numbers or TLW. Depends if they have strings I suppose.

yeah tbh i should probably stop being so hopeful of the strings considering they didn't bring them on tour, although you'd definitely think the new songs would get better reception if they did - Burn the Witch especially. imagine the opening of that over the Pyramid field

Just now, jparx said:

One of the weaker set lists from this tour imo. Thought the encore would be a bit more exciting. Still decent though. 

thought the setlist was great myself - very envious they got Lucky, Climbing Up The Walls, Like Spinning Plates, 2+2=5 and There There! but aye, expected them to knock out another oldie for the encore instead of just doing Paranoid Android again

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

yeah tbh i should probably stop being so hopeful of the strings considering they didn't bring them on tour, although you'd definitely think the new songs would get better reception if they did - Burn the Witch especially. imagine the opening of that over the Pyramid field

It would be wonderful, but I can't  see it unfortunately. If they've not played with strings in their own gig in London, why would they attempt it under the far greater constraints of a festival. A non-headlining slot at that. It doesn't make any sense to me.

Is there any precedant for a band employing a more elaborate stage show for festivals than on a tour?

I suppose if this tour of their own dates is just a warm up for the festival circuit, it might happen...but seems unlikely to me. More's the pity.

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

thought the setlist was great myself - very envious they got Lucky, Climbing Up The Walls, Like Spinning Plates, 2+2=5 and There There! but aye, expected them to knock out another oldie for the encore instead of just doing Paranoid Android again

I guess I was just expecting something a bit different and more exciting since this was their last London show. A really good setlist none the less. Like you say, those songs you mentioned were very cool and I'd be really happy if they play those when I see them. Any setlist with Bloom, Gloaming, Tinker Tailor will always look a bit disappointing. Switch those for Reckoner, Weird Fishes and Just and you'd have a real doozy. 

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It would be wonderful, but I can't  see it unfortunately. If they've not played with strings in their own gig in London, why would they attempt it under the far greater constraints of a festival. A non-headlining slot at that. It doesn't make any sense to me.

Is there any precedant for a band employing a more elaborate stage show for festivals than on a tour?

I suppose if this tour of their own dates is just a warm up for the festival circuit, it might happen...but seems unlikely to me. More's the pity.

maybe knowing that they have to win people over at a festival (especially in the odd position they seemingly have), but yeah you're probably right! not sure how the basic versions of the AMSP tracks will go down to a crowd of Adele fans!

All of the set lists have been pretty much equal I'd say. I'm content with my Friday choice.

IF they were to sub headline adele (which I don't for one second think will happen) I think they should only play burn the witch, ful stop, the numbers & identikit from the new album. The likes of daydreaming won't hold the crowd I reckon. It won't be their crowd like a headline crowd would be.

The set would have to be filled with songs like there there, national anthem etc imo. 

5 minutes ago, russycarps said:

All of the set lists have been pretty much equal I'd say. I'm content with my Friday choice.

IF they were to sub headline adele (which I don't for one second think will happen) I think they should only play burn the witch, ful stop, the numbers & identikit from the new album. The likes of daydreaming won't hold the crowd I reckon. It won't be their crowd like a headline crowd would be.

The set would have to be filled with songs like there there, national anthem etc imo. 

aye you could hear a pin drop when they played Daydreaming last night so hard to imagine how it'd go down to a festival crowd - especially one not all there to see Radiohead

I've set my heart on them playing Glastonbury. Yet I'm so utterly, shamelessly greedy to do so to also imagine them with an orchestra...and choir.

AMSP has been on in the car constantly and during / after certain tracks - you know the ones - I'm imagining them being belted out from that stage with the strings making the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. And pretending there's massive crowd cheering after each song.

I need to go for a run.

2 minutes ago, Woffy said:

I've set my heart on them playing Glastonbury. Yet I'm so utterly, shamelessly greedy to do so to also imagine them with an orchestra...and choir.

AMSP has been on in the car constantly and during / after certain tracks - you know the ones - I'm imagining them being belted out from that stage with the strings making the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. And pretending there's massive crowd cheering after each song.

I need to go for a run.

them walking on stage and blasting in to Burn the Witch backed by a full orchestra would be phenomenal. i'm not sure if it'll happen, and they're fantastic live either way, but imo it'd be the difference between it being a great set and it being a set that's talked about for years (like their others) and wins over the doubtful audience

10 minutes ago, Woffy said:

I need to go for a run.

You need to go for a cold shower!

11 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

them walking on stage and blasting in to Burn the Witch backed by a full orchestra would be phenomenal. i'm not sure if it'll happen, and they're fantastic live either way, but imo it'd be the difference between it being a great set and it being a set that's talked about for years (like their others) and wins over the doubtful audience

That's the opener I picture in my head!

6 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

You need to go for a cold shower!

That's almost an hourly thing with me tbf...until I get to Identikit (that ending aint 'appening for me).

This is my Glastonbury setlist prediction. Sans orchestra I'm afraid. Can't seeing it happening for the reasons señor Two Hats outlined.

1. Burn the Witch
  2. 2+2=5
  3. Lotus Flower
  4. Decks Dark
  5. Ful Stop
  6. My Iron Lung
  7. Nude
  8. Identikit
  9. The Numbers
  10. Karma Police
  11. Everything In Its Right Place
  12. Idioteque
  13. Planet Telex
  14. Reckoner
  15. Paranoid Android

Maybe Creep gets in there somewhere.

Give Up The Ghost was stopped in good spirits, Thom messed up the vocal line that he looped and laughed at it himself first and every time it came round everyone had a giggle, everyone was happy.

Lucky was definetly the highlight tonight.

Edited by _Catman_

Was lucky enough to go to night 1+2 of the roundhouse and absolutely loved them both, they have always been my favourite band and first saw them just over 10 years ago. They are as good as ever.

even with the week I've just had, I am so eager for them to play Glastonbury. If they don't get announced next week I'm gonna have to plan a trip to Berlin in sept.

22 minutes ago, _Catman_ said:

Give Up The Ghost was stopped in good spirits, Thom messed up the vocal line that he looped and laughed at it himself first and every time it came round everyone had a giggle, everyone was happy.

Lucky was definetly the highlight tonight.

Yeah, I think Thom found it just as funny as everyone else. And I completely agree Lucky after the first five was a special treat, that and There There went down very well

Last night was incredible, like spinning plates in just beautiful and was a really amazing surprise.

The new songs just slip into the set so well.

random moment of the night was my friends noticing Niall from 1 direction at the right hand of the stage who said he was bored. Further proof 1 direction are completely evil.