Radiohead touring in 2016

Redwinevino

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Interesting stuff. So working on that basis the realistic options (in no particular order are):

Radiohead are headlining The Pyramid on Saturday because Adele has dropped out

Radiohead are co-headlining The Pyramid on Saturday alongside Adele

Radiohead are subbing to Adele

Radiohead are headlining the Other

Radiohead are playing a smaller secret set at some other point of the weekend

I say no particular order, that's probably my order of preference.

IMO I'd rather they headlined another stage than played before Adele, the field would be half full of people with no interest in Radiohead trying to a "get a good spot" for Adele and it would ruin the atmosphere somewhat

Just now, dj_tim said:

IMO I'd rather they headlined another stage than played before Adele, the field would be half full of people with no interest in Radiohead trying to a "get a good spot" for Adele and it would ruin the atmosphere somewhat

Tbh it might be a situation where we shouldn't be too picky :P

Cheers for your snippets Neil.

I care not where or when Radiohead play. So long as they play a full set then I will be there with bells on no matter who else is playing. Their 2003(?) set was the first Glasto set I watched on the telly and was what got me into them. I have long since wanted to see them (not counting the KOL set they did on the Park) at Glasto and it finally looks like we might all get the chance :D

*listens to Hail to the Thief for the 300th time this week*

3 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

They don't have to be Saturday do they? Although Radiohead opposite Muse or Coldplay does seem weird it's not beyond the realms of possibility.

Not neccasserily but if the festival were to stick them up against a headliner, Adele, the one most likely to pull a ridiculous crowd and the one who doesn't fit your traditional headliner idea, would definitely make the most sense. As you say, up against Coldplay or Muse doesn't make much sense at all 

I really can't see Radiohead doing anything but headlining - waaaay too big for Other or for a sub slot. They could headline any other festival in the world. Adele on the other hand, certainly big enough to headline too, but given the reports about nerves and the sort of artist she is (i.e. a bit stand there and sing ballads) - I could see her more likely to do a sub slot or an afternoon slot as a 4th headliner or something.

'special guest' Adele doing a slot early evening for the TV.....?

But then, what do I know.