Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2016

Gnomicide

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Doug85 said:

I think part of me really wants to see Tenacious D at Glastonbury. Not quite sure how it would go though.

They have a larger fanbase in America than they do over here but i can still see Jack Black entertaining us on a Saturday at The Park maybe 

4 minutes ago, Mesuri said:

They have a larger fanbase in America than they do over here but i can still see Jack Black entertaining us on a Saturday at The Park maybe 

At the Park!? That's the last stage they'd play on imo. Mid Pyramid or Other if they were to play imo. Saw them live ten years ago and they were a lot of fun - wouldn't turn down a singalong to Wonderboy

Just now, FloorFiller said:

At the Park!? That's the last stage they'd play on imo. Mid Pyramid or Other if they were to play imo. Saw them live ten years ago and they were a lot of fun - wouldn't turn down a singalong to Wonderboy

Really? Pyramid? I can see an earlier set at Other would bring a big crowd actually. Just think they would be insured a full crowd either way if they played The Park

3 minutes ago, Mesuri said:

Really? Pyramid? I can see an earlier set at Other would bring a big crowd actually. Just think they would be insured a full crowd either way if they played The Park

The Park caters to a specific type of music that Tenacious D definitely don't fall in to. They'd do alright on the Pyramid - think you're underestimating their popularity - but Other would probably be best

1 hour ago, Mezhyp1 said:

A fuller picture of Roskilde now on a poster. Should see a fair few of them at Glastonbury that's for sure 

image.jpeg

From that I'd take MO, Action Bronson, At The Drive-In (unlikely due to US dates), Ghost (unlikely due to being scary for Glastonbury go'ers), Kvelertak (see Ghost reasons), Skepta, Sleep, Birdy Nam Nam, Floating Points, Frank Cart & The Rattlesnakes and Kuedo.

Going to have to go listen to some of the band names I don't recognise too, Have You Ever Seen The Jane Fonda Aerobic VHS? could be the greatest band in the world....

Edited by HoTWire
because dona != fonda