Bestival 2016 Headliners?

jackarmy

On 02/03/2016 at 3:40 PM, smogo said:
7 hours ago, gibble said:

I'm still thinking the last headliner will be a hip hop act. Pre first announcement Rob Da Bank said there would be "quite a few" big hip hop acts but i don't think there's really anything that would count as such yet...

image.png

The Big Top, I'm sure, but not the main stage.

Probably was incorporating Grime into Hip Hop as there's lots of Grime on the line up so far and has been for past few years.

Although, Ice Cube for Sunday headliner?

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, rhg_99 said:

Probably was incorporating Grime into Hip Hop as there's lots of Grime on the line up so far and has been for past few years.

Although, Ice Cube for Sunday headliner?

if they've got a hip-hop headliner then i'd imagine it'd be him, which would be pretty great. selfishly hoping he'll be at Glastonbury though so i hope y'all get Nile Rogers in some form again :P 

9 hours ago, gibble said:

Kendrick Lamar? Has there been anything further on the Will Smith rumour yet? 

Kendrick's only UK festival is BST so i doubt it'll be him. as for Will, he said last year that he'd be touring this year but there's been no further word on it so maybe it isn't happening just yet - guess he's got to juggle his acting career with it and he'll have Suicide Squad to promote soon

2 minutes ago, Homer said:

Will Smith seems pretty shrewd and, although I know little about this, common sense would tell me that if you're relaunching a vaguely risible hip hop career, Bestival might not be the safest or smartest place to do it!

"vaguely" is an understatement!

Off to Capital FM's Party in the Park with you, Fresh Prince of Bell-End!

With The Who doing the final night at IOW, spare nights seemingly running out at BST and Adele all but confirmed for Glasto, we're running out of English festivals for the Roses to headline. 

So, a theory; Bestival are holding off on announcing the Roses for the Sunday night until the majority of the unsold tickets for Wednesday at the Etihad are gone. 

A theory with as many holes in as Villa's back 4 this year but a boy can dream. 

1 hour ago, hoils said:

With The Who doing the final night at IOW, spare nights seemingly running out at BST and Adele all but confirmed for Glasto, we're running out of English festivals for the Roses to headline. 

So, a theory; Bestival are holding off on announcing the Roses for the Sunday night until the majority of the unsold tickets for Wednesday at the Etihad are gone. 

A theory with as many holes in as Villa's back 4 this year but a boy can dream. 

nah, Bestival doesn't have the money for them as well as The Cure, and i doubt RDB would bother going for them anyway

27 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

nah, Bestival doesn't have the money for them as well as The Cure, and i doubt RDB would bother going for them anyway

He's a big fan, so I wouldn't be so sure. It wouldn't really be anymore surprising than Muse & we know he went after them. 

As for Bestival not having the money, there's very little to back that up... In fact, if they could afford Muse last year on top of a completed line up (I know it didn't work out in the end )then I'd say it's fair to assume that RDB does have disposable cash to throw at big acts when he feels the need/desire to. 

I'm not entirely sure why I'm arguing the point because I don't think it will be the Stone Roses anyway :rofl: 

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

Just now, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

He's a big fan, so I wouldn't be so sure. It wouldn't really be anymore surprising than Muse & we know he went after them. 

As for Bestival not having the money, there's very little to back that up... In fact, if they could afford Muse last year on top of a completed line up (I know it didn't work out in the end )then I'd say it's fair to assume that RDB does have disposable cash to throw at big acts when he feels the need/desire to. 

I'm not entirely sure why I'm arguing the point because I don't think it will be the Stone Roses anyway :rofl: 

Bestival has never struck me as the type of festival that would bother with the Roses - just doesn't seem a right fit. and i know the budget obviously isn't tiny, but most years they have one major festival headliner tops (The Cure, Stevie, Elton, Outkast, Muse would've been last years but it fell through so the money obviously, for some reason, went towards Missy Elliot) and then two slightly smaller acts. Stone Roses (or somebody of their stature) and The Cure in one year seems a lot bigger than what they've done in the past

As I didn't get a Glastonbury ticket ( my annual festival of choice for the past 6 yrs) , I thought i'd try Bestival this year. Looking at their website I see that the headliners are The Cure, Hot Chip and Laser Laser. I did search 2016........ unless I'm missing something?

6 minutes ago, ghandi said:

As I didn't get a Glastonbury ticket ( my annual festival of choice for the past 6 yrs) , I thought i'd try Bestival this year. Looking at their website I see that the headliners are The Cure, Hot Chip and Laser Laser. I did search 2016........ unless I'm missing something?

Sunday headliner is still to be announced.