• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Nick07 said:

Shame one poster he said he didn't PJ Harvey would play 

It was on the Green Man forum, they posted this:

We tried very hard but she's not extending her tour beyond the dates she's announced :(

I also know someone who interviewed John Grant recently and asked him about EOTR. Said he'd love to return soon, but it wouldn't be this year.

Underwhelmed by the headliners, which isn't the first time, but then the middle order (as usual) is so strong. I'm particularly looking forward to seeing Goat, Thee Oh Sees, Field Music, Dilly Dally, Steve Mason (if he can be arsed to show up this time).

Not a great line-up this year... Animal Collective are a really poor live act, Bat For Lashes nowhere near big enough (or good enough) to headline. There are some decent acts further down the bill (Thee Oh Sees, Field Music, Shopping), but very underwhelming on the whole.

Edited by ljsawyer

Very happy with that announcement. Love Joanna Newsom. Yes, I know she's a repeat headliner, but she was stunningly wonderful last time. Animal Collective, I had a bad experience with live before, so really want them to prove it was an exception, got a lot of love for them too. M Ward, Cat Power, Thee Oh Sees, Phosporexcent, Jeffrey Lewie, Steve Mason Eleanor Friedberger, Basia Bulat and lots of new names. This is gonna be awesome!

First time in 8 years I've been disappointed with the first announcement. Didn't enjoy Joanna Newsom last time (but at least I can spell her name). Animal Collective not for me. Like Bat For Lashes but is she really a headliner?? Lots of unknowns elsewhere, which is fine and have discovered loads of great new acts at previous EotRs, but a few more things I know I like would have been nice. Still, it will be fab cos it always is.

I love EOTR but have to miss it again this year (can't afford x2 a year anymore, and Glastobury is taking priority this year)....

But... this announcement is abit underwhelming at the minute. Which pleases me I suppose, but disappointed for everyone else. One thing that could perhaps be levelled is the bill sometimes looks a bit samey, and I'd say the same for this year. :-(