2016 Wishlist

Nick07

End Of The Road is one of those festivals where I've always wanted to go, but they've not put on the line-up for me yet. Stewart Lee is a great start, add some Joanna Newsom into the mix and I'm there. For other headliners, I reckon retromoz has the right idea.

As for headliners, Sleater Kinney would make moz a VERY happy boy. Maybe GY!BE on the garden stage (on a different day...)

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What's wrong with you?

To be honest, what I mean there is that the last two years haven't appealed. I did actually like the look of a decent chunk of it in 11, 12 and 13 (especially 2013, looked fucking great), but nae bugger would come with me, also I had no car which is pretty essential if coming from Manchester.

To be honest, what I mean there is that the last two years haven't appealed. I did actually like the look of a decent chunk of it in 11, 12 and 13 (especially 2013, looked fucking great), but nae bugger would come with me, also I had no car which is pretty essential if coming from Manchester.

Come on down to Dorset next year, you'll love the experience, great festival and a great setting (you may even catch a glimpse of t he macaws in the trees!!). Unfortunately didn't go last  year, enjoyed '12 and '13 line up, but for this year was the best, particularly the performances from Sufjan and Ryley Walker.

More of a prediction than a wish, but I reckon John Grant will be back again, this time as a Woods Stage headliner and with more of a full band/orchestra than on previous visits. Ezra Furman on before him. That said, I wouldn't mind this lineup at all.

It's quite astonishing how quickly his star has risen. The Queen of Denmark was only 5 years ago, and I saw him mid-bill at the Union Chapel as part of a Bella Union Christmas show. To go from that to, potentially, headlining a 10,000 capacity festival in a relatively short period of time is incredible. And fully deserved.

And some of his more synth laden tracks would sound great pumping out of that Woods Stage speaker stack.

Something a little more "rock" would be good for another night. I believe The Strokes are getting together for a new album at the moment. 

Over to you Simon!

Having seen The Strokes in Hyde Park earlier in the year, I don't want their fans at EOTR. If we thought the shellsuit brigade were a bunch of nobheads, they've got nothing on the Strokes crowd.

Oh dear, we wouldn't want that. We might spill our organic houmous onto our sandals ;-)

Edited by paulwa

Having seen The Strokes in Hyde Park earlier in the year, I don't want their fans at EOTR. If we thought the shellsuit brigade were a bunch of nobheads, they've got nothing on the Strokes crowd.

you can kiss goodbye to listening to anything other than a Strokes crowd - I'm fairly sure that's why they are so popular - their fans don't listen to their records.

• 2 weeks later...

Ticket in the bag so might as well start list-wishing...

Evan Dando - solo in the tipi or with latest incarnation of The Lemonheads on garden stage

Jesus and Mary Chain - a big top noise explosion would be good

Grandaddy - new record in the pipeline and still owed 3-4 songs from curfew cut-off a few years back

Cat Power - another one for the garden stage

Mercury Rev - any stage they want... 

King Gizzard - i guess touring stopped them from being part of the Heavenly event

Other than that (and even failing that), i don't really care - not been to a bad one yet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 26/11/2015, 17:26:29, teamcampesinos! said:

Have they ever shared a headliner before? John Grant as a sub seems especially inevitable now though.

No, was just thinking that if she is touring next year, then perhaps she may do EOTR too. She's been on a lot of people's wish lists for a long time.