• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, 5co77ie said:

there's still no chance the Big Top headliners will be Jayhawks

Nope, they are in Bristol that night.

The news of the additional headliner seemed to line up with the cancelling of 1234 Festival in London (https://www.facebook.com/events/252232841801983/), so I'm somewhat getting my hopes up for someone from that festival. JAMC seems too big, but they are in Cardiff the night before and are now free on that Saturday.

1 hour ago, lamstonite said:

Are we still gonna have a tipi line up on Thursday now that the woods stage is open?

I would have said "no" before, couldn't see them running two stages on the Thursday. But listening to Yak for the first time this morning, they would be much more suited to the Tipi than the Woods stage, so you never know.

1 hour ago, shoebox said:

Just wondering whether this Big Top thing on the Saturday is simply going to be Bat For Lashes' "Wedding Reception"

Good call but it seems not, from Loud & Quiet, linked to from EotR Twitter

Directly after Bat For Lashes’ Saturday night headline set we’re going to throw her a wedding reception all the same, at the Dorset festival’s Pirate Ship stage

Edited by jamesrfisher

Thinking maybe somebody else (to add to the many) doing both EOTR and Electric Picnic.  I don't think there are day splits yet for Electric Picnic, so a little difficult to know who is automatically ruled out, but if going for a 100-1 punt, maybe an unknown band when they played the Tipi tent on Thursday night 3 years ago are happy to return as a favour. I can see why you wouldn't announce them in advance.

11 minutes ago, Born in the fifties said:

Thinking maybe somebody else (to add to the many) doing both EOTR and Electric Picnic.  I don't think there are day splits yet for Electric Picnic, so a little difficult to know who is automatically ruled out, but if going for a 100-1 punt, maybe an unknown band when they played the Tipi tent on Thursday night 3 years ago are happy to return as a favour. I can see why you wouldn't announce them in advance.

I hope you're not talking about that godawful Catfish lot!

1 hour ago, Born in the fifties said:

I think that's a decent shout.

The question we need to ask to try and help us guess is, why are they not announcing who it is until the day? If it was someone huge like Catfish that would make sense as you say. 

• 2 weeks later...

Dunno if it's a long shot, but could the Modern Lovers be the final Big Top headliner? Two of their albums were posted on Instagram (including the competition asking who is not playing, which includes 3 other albums as well as Modern Lovers). If they did play it would coincide with the 40th anniversary of their debut album! Coincidence?