Faithless Pyramid Stage2016 - E Festival rumours page

ivan

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering dance music at a whole is increasing in popularity, and slowly becoming the dominant music genre - older acts to the game such as Faithless, Chemical Brothers, The Prodigy etc will experience some sort of revival too.

I kind of think that the others have credible albums' worth of stuff though. Faithless have about four hits! And a couple of those were DJ fodder.

Your double standards never fail to double please me and double cheer me up. Only because I am as guilty as the next man. Only in music can one have such wrath for something that one excuses in something else just because they're 'yours.'

'yes I know I said that, but this is different. What do you mean why? did you not hear their last album. Of course it is. It's nothing like them. They're always ripping them off. These are referencing them.'

Like I said, I'm the worse one for it. At least I thought I was till I heard about this Mardy character.

hehehe, beautiful post. Double standards, and doubles at the bar when we meet at next years' Glasto.

You know, the way people on this forum call me out on this is really good, an excellent thing. It makes me think, reconsider and re-evaluate my position. It's down to that that, say, I went to see Hot Chip rather than SFA. I've also made a much bigger effort to buy only new things on vinyl, not reissues. I'm probably cutting off my nose to spite my face, but still I need to be challenged on the amount of shite I spout and it's undoubtedly a good thing.

Dreadful band. But there seems to be no expiry date to mediocrity. They'll roll around touring every couple of years to less and less people for another 30 years. Look at Ned's Atomic Dustbin. Look at the Charlatans, one hit 25 years ago. In a sane world, they'd have all been minicab drivers for the last 23 years, boring punters with their tale of appearing on Top of the Pops in 1990.

Oh Mardy.. Charlatans, fine. Faithless, fine.. But not the Ned's.. Long live the Ned's

You know, the way people on this forum call me out on this is really good, an excellent thing. It makes me think, reconsider and re-evaluate my position. It's down to that that, say, I went to see Hot Chip rather than SFA. I've also made a much bigger effort to buy only new things on vinyl, not reissues. I'm probably cutting off my nose to spite my face, but still I need to be challenged on the amount of shite I spout and it's undoubtedly a good thing.

I find that I either listen to stuff I would never have even considered / heard of as a result of what I come across on these boards, or (quite often) that I re-visit something I wasn't originally a fan of and listen with a new pair of ears.

Occasionally I'll have listened to something and thought it OK, then give it another go and realise I hate it!

Have to say with Fatyeti on this one, bit of a novelty dance act for me. Can't be spoken about in the same breath as others from the era, Leftfield etc.

However, if the pyramid rumours are true wouldn't bother me one bit. Would be far far away watching some proper music :P

Edited by OBface

Credit this forum with getting me to leave my friends and watch hot chip. Set of the year in the end (won't be swayed for faithless though :))

Not interested in any of the nick cave reissues then?

Or if any of the dead gets reissued?

No, I don't think I am. I mean, obviously they're great records, but I think I need to resist the temptation to buy them, and instead spend my money supporting new stuff.

In the interests of full disclosure, I did buy the boatman's call the other month, but I'm yet to listen to it, and kind of wish I hadn't. Same with the Dead, I'll buy them secondhand, but I can't really support just the resissue of existing stuff. Remember that Red House Painters box set stuff from a few months ago? That's all being reissued next week. I'd figured on getting it, but have cancelled my order. Bought some fresh stuff instead. maybe I'm just being a daft c**t here, dunno. (Actually, there's no 'maybe' about it)

Although I sort of agree with you in general, I think you're taking it a bit ad absurdium.

Especially stuff where there wasn't really any vinyl produced to speak of.

I mean how good is that boatmans call gonna sound on vinyl? And you haven't even played it?????? Abattoir blues is fucking immense.

it will sound good, yeah, I know, just haven't been in the mood for it, will probably rectify that soon. But got back to the Uk and had 25 records or so waiting for me, I'm still going through them

The danger is, you go into the record shop and you (well me), justwanders around going 'oooh, great album, should get that on vinyl, oooh, this? love this record, ought to buy it'.

The reason I'm so vociferous about this is exaclty because it's my natural tendancy and I want to fight against it

Saw them in 2002 and they were brilliant at the time.

Saw them in 2010 and I wasn't that impressed - it was basically exactly the same as 2002. Maxi even said some of the same things like he was reading off a script.

I don't think I'd bother seeing them again. They're certainly no Chemical Brothers.

Don't listen to them Mardy. Faithless are absolute shite, the love for them on these boards baffles me.

Buy something you know you'll like, fuck 'em.

If you must buy something knew, go for some Butch Walker (produced that awful Taylor Swift album, but he can be forgiven anything).

Don't listen to them Mardy. Faithless are absolute shite, the love for them on these boards baffles me.

Buy something you know you'll like, fuck 'em.

If you must buy something knew, go for some Butch Walker (produced that awful Taylor Swift album, but he can be forgiven anything).

Salt'n' vinegar walker are even better.

Agree, avoid.

Shite they is

it will sound good, yeah, I know, just haven't been in the mood for it, will probably rectify that soon. But got back to the Uk and had 25 records or so waiting for me, I'm still going through them

The danger is, you go into the record shop and you (well me), justwanders around going 'oooh, great album, should get that on vinyl, oooh, this? love this record, ought to buy it'.

The reason I'm so vociferous about this is exaclty because it's my natural tendancy and I want to fight against it

God damn that's spooky...me down to a t.

I'm even worse going to Tesco for my weekly shop,always end up walking out with a DVD I had no intention of buying after spending 20 minutes browsing... and then get home and realize I've forgotten something basic like milk.

Has anybody watched their recent performances from this year? Sorry but they are absolutely shocking! Maxi Jazz has completely lost it. His voice is so weak and he can;t do any of the songs justice.... Time to call it a day i think (Sorry if it seems harsh, i just think people are going to be disappointed when they see them live). I watched their performance at Ibiza Rocks, and Insomnia sounded like 20% of the song it is.

Well I can only speak from my experience, but my experience is seeing them 4 days ago in person not on film and they were genuinely fantastic. The crowd were loving it and Maxi was a worthy front man.

Pleased that the others who have posted enjoyed Friday too :)