T in the Park 2016

crazyguy

5 hours ago, Alan_C said:

Any of you regulars worried about the future of the festival? They've been selling 4 weekend camping tickets for the price of 3 as well.

Worried? No. Predicted by me after 2012? Yes. They turned it into a nedfest, shat on the regular and loyal T goers and now real music fans look else where. IF they are lucky with the weather this year and IF Melvin grabs it by the baws and fucks off that idiot Ellis then it will probably survive. Otherwise I won't mourn the passing of what is called T now. The real T died in 2011 when Dave Grohl stood and watched the fireworks with us.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

22 hours ago, Theresurrection said:

Do you reckon all acts have been announced 

And what is hot dub time machine. First time at T 

Still got BBC Introducing stage to be announced. Might be a few acts here and there as well, but not many. Then just things like acts at the signing tent, and the acoustic performances.

Hot Dub Time Machine is great fun, I went when it was at the Fringe a few years back. Basically a club night, but they play a song or two from every year from around 1950 up until the present day. So the music and atmosphere evolves and changes as the evening goes on. Huge variety of stuff played: Led Zeppelin, White Stripes, Abba, Beatles, White Stripes, Eminem, Calvin Harris, Britney Spears, Tom Jones I seem to recall were all played. It's a good laugh.

20 hours ago, Frazerbob said:

What's the deal with access to to the Front of Stage area at the main stage? Is it just first come, first served? Can you come and go to the bar, bog etc?

First come first served. Sometimes they have a few urinals/cubicles inside the front barrier so you dont have to sacrifice your spot. You'll have to leave the area to get to a bar though 

Just bought another Friday day ticket. Not really surprised now but doesn't seem that long ago that you would of had no chance of any tickets at this stage and now they are giving them away.

With no rockness or Wickerman this year plus the smaller capacity they must be on their last legs I reckon.

First time at T. Will be heading up on the Thursday and I was wondering what time would be best to arrive. I know gates open at 3 but any regulars know if it's quicker to get there much earlier than 3 and be towards the front or arrive just before and queue?

21 hours ago, MusiccH said:

First time at T. Will be heading up on the Thursday and I was wondering what time would be best to arrive. I know gates open at 3 but any regulars know if it's quicker to get there much earlier than 3 and be towards the front or arrive just before and queue?

Depends how long you like standing in a queue for. I usually arrive around 2 or so. Bit of queuing, but not too long before things start moving forward. I think they often open the gates a bit early to ease the numbers waiting.

Of course the time you plan to arrive could be completely different to the time you actually arrive if the traffic is as bad this year as it was last year. We were due to arrive around 2, but didn't get to the bus drop off until around 5.

15 hours ago, Theresurrection said:

Just looked at the poster for the stage splitting and arrangements. And below Saturday main stage it says more TBA. Who do you think this could be 

I heard it's a dj called "fools gold" who plays his own indie nights all over Scotland.

Dont know if it's true cause the guy that told me was wired to the moon.

The problem with T is they keep asking more for less of a product. I went to T in the mid 00's and you had the main stage, Radio 1/NME stage, King Tuts, the brilliant Pet Sounds arena, the X-Tent, the Futures stage, the Slam tent, T-Break, the ceildh tent, Bacardi B-Bar - plenty there. Enough stages that they could put on real variety and you'd have at least 5-6 acts a day that you wanted to see guaranteed. 

It's like they can't decide who they're targeting and with such a limited number of stages they need to decide on a demographic. Okay, they have a lot of pop acts, Calvin Harris headlining but how many young EDM fans are going to be THAT stoked for Red Hot Chili Peppers (who haven't been relevant in years) or the Stone Roses? Likewise, how many Stone Roses or RHCP fans are going to pay £200 a ticket for a line-up full of EDM and pop music?

Also if you're an artist would you really want to be on the wrong side of some of the bookings? If you're an established artist like Ash or a hotly tipped high profile emerging artist like Izzy Bizu do you really want to play the T-Break stage? Are the Lightning Seeds really likely to play to more than a couple of thousand on the main stage?

As time goes on there's a real air of "That'll do" about T in the Park. The new site's got horrific bottlenecks but that'll do. We're needing another headliner - Calvin Harris is available again, that'll do. DF need a right good royal boot up the arse to shake things up and start giving something resembling value for money again and maybe it'll take an utter failure of a year for them to realise what a crap deal they're giving loyal customers. Glastonbury is £20 a ticket more and offers over 100 stages. Wickerman/Belladrum are half the price and although they don't have as big acts they still offer variety and a lot of fun. Reading and Leeds, Creamfields, Download offers a more targeted line-up for certain tastes in music. T in the Park has lost its way and lost its place in the festival calendar.