crazyguy

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

21 hours ago, OneLittleFish said:

The problem with T is they keep asking more for less of a product. I went to T in the mid 00's and you had the main stage, Radio 1/NME stage, King Tuts, the brilliant Pet Sounds arena, the X-Tent, the Futures stage, the Slam tent, T-Break, the ceildh tent, Bacardi B-Bar - plenty there. Enough stages that they could put on real variety and you'd have at least 5-6 acts a day that you wanted to see guaranteed. 

It's like they can't decide who they're targeting and with such a limited number of stages they need to decide on a demographic. Okay, they have a lot of pop acts, Calvin Harris headlining but how many young EDM fans are going to be THAT stoked for Red Hot Chili Peppers (who haven't been relevant in years) or the Stone Roses? Likewise, how many Stone Roses or RHCP fans are going to pay £200 a ticket for a line-up full of EDM and pop music?

Also if you're an artist would you really want to be on the wrong side of some of the bookings? If you're an established artist like Ash or a hotly tipped high profile emerging artist like Izzy Bizu do you really want to play the T-Break stage? Are the Lightning Seeds really likely to play to more than a couple of thousand on the main stage?

As time goes on there's a real air of "That'll do" about T in the Park. The new site's got horrific bottlenecks but that'll do. We're needing another headliner - Calvin Harris is available again, that'll do. DF need a right good royal boot up the arse to shake things up and start giving something resembling value for money again and maybe it'll take an utter failure of a year for them to realise what a crap deal they're giving loyal customers. Glastonbury is £20 a ticket more and offers over 100 stages. Wickerman/Belladrum are half the price and although they don't have as big acts they still offer variety and a lot of fun. Reading and Leeds, Creamfields, Download offers a more targeted line-up for certain tastes in music. T in the Park has lost its way and lost its place in the festival calendar.

Bang on. I think that's where V has got it right this year as well. They've gone down a certain path (a fucking awful one mind), but they have sold out (at least some of the days). I originally bought a ticket for T just off the back of The Stone Roses, thinking that surely they would be tailoring a big part of the lineup around their fanbase, since they were using their name to sell tickets. I don't understand how they have fucked up so much. They've done a terrible job of balancing the lineup out. Travis headlining King Tuts is dreadful. I don't care how popular they are in Scotland, they would have accepted a 7pm slot. 

8 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

Bang on. I think that's where V has got it right this year as well. They've gone down a certain path (a fucking awful one mind), but they have sold out (at least some of the days). I originally bought a ticket for T just off the back of The Stone Roses, thinking that surely they would be tailoring a big part of the lineup around their fanbase, since they were using their name to sell tickets. I don't understand how they have fucked up so much. They've done a terrible job of balancing the lineup out. Travis headlining King Tuts is dreadful. I don't care how popular they are in Scotland, they would have accepted a 7pm slot. 

"Being Scottish" shouldn't be enough to warrant a bigger slot - that's just lazy booking and you're quite right.

The reason why I wouldn't return to T stems from when Kraftwerk headlined the King Tuts tent. £80+ for a day ticket is incredibly expensive - I don't really want to pay that to see Kraftwerk to play to a half full King Tuts tent. I bet they won't have been cheap but quite frankly it's evident that's not what the T crowd wanted, hence a disappointing sized crowd.

I don't want to see my favourite bands play to small crowds - look at how sparse the crowds were for the War on Drugs and St Vincent last year. I'd wager it'll be the same for John Grant, The Lightning Seeds, FLC this year - bands I'd quite like to see. There's no sense of occasion about it - they even buggered up the nostalgia thing of the Bay City Rollers. That's crying out for 35 minutes on the Main Stage at about 1-2pm - a novelty to get up for, have your first pint of the day and start your day off with a sing song and a laugh. That slot in King Tuts could and should be used far, far better.

It's almost like the line-up's been drawn out of a hat. Really light on decent stuff and booked bizarrely.

On 15/06/2016 at 10:15 PM, OneLittleFish said:

The problem with T is they keep asking more for less of a product. I went to T in the mid 00's and you had the main stage, Radio 1/NME stage, King Tuts, the brilliant Pet Sounds arena, the X-Tent, the Futures stage, the Slam tent, T-Break, the ceildh tent, Bacardi B-Bar - plenty there. Enough stages that they could put on real variety and you'd have at least 5-6 acts a day that you wanted to see guaranteed. 

It's like they can't decide who they're targeting and with such a limited number of stages they need to decide on a demographic. Okay, they have a lot of pop acts, Calvin Harris headlining but how many young EDM fans are going to be THAT stoked for Red Hot Chili Peppers (who haven't been relevant in years) or the Stone Roses? Likewise, how many Stone Roses or RHCP fans are going to pay £200 a ticket for a line-up full of EDM and pop music?

Also if you're an artist would you really want to be on the wrong side of some of the bookings? If you're an established artist like Ash or a hotly tipped high profile emerging artist like Izzy Bizu do you really want to play the T-Break stage? Are the Lightning Seeds really likely to play to more than a couple of thousand on the main stage?

As time goes on there's a real air of "That'll do" about T in the Park. The new site's got horrific bottlenecks but that'll do. We're needing another headliner - Calvin Harris is available again, that'll do. DF need a right good royal boot up the arse to shake things up and start giving something resembling value for money again and maybe it'll take an utter failure of a year for them to realise what a crap deal they're giving loyal customers. Glastonbury is £20 a ticket more and offers over 100 stages. Wickerman/Belladrum are half the price and although they don't have as big acts they still offer variety and a lot of fun. Reading and Leeds, Creamfields, Download offers a more targeted line-up for certain tastes in music. T in the Park has lost its way and lost its place in the festival calendar.

Whilst I agree with a lot of this, whether they are asking more for less is subjective to the individual, at least they have actually booked 3 without a doubt fonefide headliners for the weekend price rather than a twin festival site that haven't.

Some placings are random but I wouldn't have loads of clashes myself so can't complain too much. It's not really worth the price overall for me but I wouldn't be stick of options.

I will say though that after the full Glasto drop which imo isn't that strong this year I feel they could have done much worse.

Are you allowed to take in as much alcohol as you want to the campsite, there is 9 of us going and we are going thursday camping so are looking to take probably around 200 cans is this okay?

As well as this is there a place to buy alcohol on site in cans, i.e. a pop up supermarket or such, also does any one know any easy transport to get from edinburgh airport, or is bus to edinburgh then coach to t in the park the best route?

thanks for your help

Has anyone got any experience of taken in anything of the herbal variety :P? I've been to about 5 T's, venturing to Strathallan for the first time after the O2 priority deal. Hypothetically, if someone were to take in about 3/4g of weed in a smell proof bag and put it in their sleeping bag or something, would they more than likely get through?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. As I said, I'm strictly talking about a tiny amount of stuff here for personal consumption

On 18/06/2016 at 1:18 PM, Muppetmark said:

Do we wait until the lanyards to find exact timing? 

3 hours ago, Callum1875 said:

We allowed to take bottles of suncream into the arena? 

Sorry for jinxing the weather 

I think so yeah. Damn you!

44 minutes ago, sloleybhoy said:

Are you allowed to take in as much alcohol as you want to the campsite, there is 9 of us going and we are going thursday camping so are looking to take probably around 200 cans is this okay?

As well as this is there a place to buy alcohol on site in cans, i.e. a pop up supermarket or such, also does any one know any easy transport to get from edinburgh airport, or is bus to edinburgh then coach to t in the park the best route?

thanks for your help

Pretty sure there is no limit, no. So take as much as you like to share between you. I presume you'll be splitting that load up between several people, so really it's only a 20-24 crate each, which would always be fine.

There was a decent sized pop-up supermarket last year, I imagine it'll be back this year. Bit pricey as you'd expect, but hey ho.

Bus/tram to Edinburgh city centre, walk to the bus station (5 minutes) then coach to T is your best bet aye.

What is the best way of transporting crates of beer to the campsite as I've heard its a half an hour walk from car drop off which we will be getting on the way there, but not the way back. Do most people load up sledges to take crates and luggage or is there another way of transporting it?

Also how lax is the stewarding around the entrance to campsite regarding drinking age as we are all 17.

3 minutes ago, sloleybhoy said:

What is the best way of transporting crates of beer to the campsite as I've heard its a half an hour walk from car drop off which we will be getting on the way there, but not the way back. Do most people load up sledges to take crates and luggage or is there another way of transporting it?

Also how lax is the stewarding around the entrance to campsite regarding drinking age as we are all 17.

Personally I think a rucksack and carrying the weight on your back is the best way to go. All it takes is a tiny bit of rain to make pulling anything absolute hell.

A group of 30 of us went years back and only 2 of us were 18 at the time, out of everyone only 1 of us got ID'd at the gates and had any issues with it - granted he was apparently acting like a bit of a dick. As long as you're not taking in shit loads of stuff and aren't acting like an idiot you'll be fine.

13 hours ago, sloleybhoy said:

thanks for your help

Hey mate,

I'm driving up from Nottingham with 4 of us in the car so struggling to fit all our beers in. There's a thing called "Be Chilled" at the festival where you preorder online your beer/cider crates and can pick up on the day. Think its about £26 per 24cans but will save me loads of hassle so we're doing that

On 16 June 2016 at 7:38 PM, Alan_C said:

Brilliant post 

Saturday really is horrific,someone like primal scream would have been perfect to go up against Calvin Harris.

1975 or travis shouldn't be anywhere near a headline slot 

On 16 June 2016 at 8:01 PM, OneLittleFish said:

"Being Scottish" shouldn't be enough to warrant a bigger slot - that's just lazy booking and you're quite right.

The reason why I wouldn't return to T stems from when Kraftwerk headlined the King Tuts tent. £80+ for a day ticket is incredibly expensive - I don't really want to pay that to see Kraftwerk to play to a half full King Tuts tent. I bet they won't have been cheap but quite frankly it's evident that's not what the T crowd wanted

I don't want to see my favourite bands play to small crowds - look at how sparse the crowds were for the War on Drugs and St Vincent last year. I'd wager it'll be the same for John Grant, The Lightning Seeds, FLC this year - bands I'd quite like to see. There's no sense of occasion about it - they even buggered up the nostalgia thing of the Bay City Rollers. That's crying out for 35 minutes on the Main Stage at about 1-2pm - a novelty to get up for, have your first pint of the day and start your day off with a sing song and a laugh. That slot in King Tuts could and should be used far, far better.

It's almost like the line-up's been drawn out of a hat. Really light on decent stuff and booked bizarrely.

Another brilliant post

Ive a feeling LCD sound system will play to a small crowd.

They should have been subbing RHCP and chase and status should have headlined radio 1

51 minutes ago, Lor1 said:

Brilliant post 

Saturday really is horrific,someone like primal scream would have been perfect to go up against Calvin Harris.

1975 or travis shouldn't be anywhere near a headline slot 

Coudln't they have got Primal Scream in KT on Saturday, and New Order for Sunday after their Manchester gig on Saturday? I would have kept my ticket.

39 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

Coudln't they have got Primal Scream in KT on Saturday, and New Order for Sunday after their Manchester gig on Saturday? I would have kept my ticket.

Definetly ..

What a diffrence that would make.

Edited by Lor1

On 19/06/2016 at 9:19 PM, Louis1 said:

Has anyone got any experience of taken in anything of the herbal variety :P? I've been to about 5 T's, venturing to Strathallan for the first time after the O2 priority deal. Hypothetically, if someone were to take in about 3/4g of weed in a smell proof bag and put it in their sleeping bag or something, would they more than likely get through?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. As I said, I'm strictly talking about a tiny amount of stuff here for personal consumption

I wouldn't recommend posting things on here. Just put in lots of layers of things and nobody should detect the wacktoria backtoria 

15 hours ago, Theresurrection said:

I wouldn't recommend posting things on here. Just put in lots of layers of things and nobody should detect the wacktoria backtoria 

Fair game, thanks for the reply! 

If anyone has any experience a private message would be appreciated :D

Getting buzzing for T now, only decided to go last week. :P

1 hour ago, Lucia1234 said:

I am 17 but I am wondering how to sneak alcohol in to TITP as I am underage?

You should be ok but if your bothered get someone to carry your drink through the gates for you and you carry there tent/clothes for them.

Edited by Lor1

On 22/06/2016 at 1:40 AM, Lucia1234 said:

I am 17 but I am wondering how to sneak alcohol in to TITP as I am underage?

Never had a bother when i went when i was 17 and i had a large suitcase packed with beer.

i think its because i didn't really think about it before/when it was happening.

rules might be more strict now cause that was back in 2010 though