Top Posters In This Topic

• lucyginger

• mr gumby

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

I have seen every series of the GBM. Love it although they are responsible for the "we want plates" movement. Lol

I ate in a posh country hotel a few months ago and had to ask my food to be put on a plate instead of the impractical nonsense that it was served up on.  The waitress just looked at me sympathetically and said that they'd had a lot of people asking for the same thing.

Getting a lot of drinks served up in jam jars at the moment near Manchester.

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I ate in a posh country hotel a few months ago and had to ask my food to be put on a plate instead of the impractical nonsense that it was served up on.  The waitress just looked at me sympathetically and said that they'd had a lot of people asking for the same thing.

Oh please do elaborate? I love seeing the pics on the #wewantplates on Twitter. Some absolute corkers on there. 

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

nobody needs their food on a roof slate or a fucking shovel do they?  and jam jars can get to fuckery too..

I have a confession to make to the #wewantplates group. I have been tempted into the use of non-plate serving surfaces in the past. This was the cake we made for gumby jr's 1st birthday. 

image.jpg.3c483102f10ab15254af27fdfa6aed

Yes, that is a roof slate, and yes, I cleaned it and coated it with olive oil myself. Added to my crimes, I also made a slate stand for the cake pops (never making those fiddly fuckers again as long as I live!) 

But, I can honestly say that I have learned my lesson, as illustrated by the next photo. As you can clearly see, he really couldn't have given less of a shit what his cake was served on. 

image.jpg.c769f3cbf3ba52f096908424f26d5d

Tonight's smorgasbord is bought to you via Swedish whiskey ( yep it's good ) and gorgeous people. The Swedish just want to know what uk think of them,...l paraphrased. But each one, when asked if they had heard of Glastonbury festival said yes, which made describing where I came from real easy. I don't know what I ate  but it was damn tasty.....the journey continues tomorrow when I have to give a speech, thankfully not in Swedish.....I might need some Dutch ( Swedish ) courage. Wish me like luck  folks 

Edited by deebeedoobee

3 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Tonight's smorgasbord is bought to you via Swedish whiskey ( yep it's good ) and gorgeous people. The Swedish just want to know what uk think of them,...l paraphrased. But each one, when asked if they had heard of Glastonbury festival said yes, which made describing where I came from real easy. I don't know what I ate  but it was damn tasty.....the journey continues tomorrow when I have to give a speech, thankfully not in Swedish.....I might need some Dutch ( Swedish ) courage. Wish me like luck  folks 

i'd love to go to the countries you're in this week.  that's my destination for my next proper trip.

8 hours ago, fatyeti24 said:

i'd love to go to the countries you're in this week.  that's my destination for my next proper trip.

Malmo is the same as uk weather wise . Gets dark early though. Swedish people so far are brilliant and very welcoming. The food discoveries continue at breakfast which is another reason why I like travelling. Off to visit one of the largest shopping centres in Sweden this morning...could be hell..could be IKEA but will almost certainly be expensive. Now can I smuggle rudolf or pingu in my case?

Morning!! 

I can't stand food served on silly objects. There's no need! 

I have been to Finland too, it is lovely. I have friends there, if you end up going I can probably get you a tour guide :) 

Hello Genie! Lovely to see you :)

I'm off to hospital later for my pre-assessment thingy. Eek. 

Oh and I have no idea who or what Grimes is. 

10 hours ago, H.M.V said:

Oh please do elaborate? I love seeing the pics on the #wewantplates on Twitter. Some absolute corkers on there. 

It was back in June and I didn't take a photo, so memory is fading, but I think it was something like this: Meat served on wood board, chips in a mini deep fat fryer basket and the side in a little ramekin.  MIght be totally different to that, but whatever it was, suffice to say it was totally impractical to actually eat.

This is an example of the non-platery from the place I found by searching Twitter.

Edited by stuartbert two hats