Sub to be added?

Matt42

no i don't think the supposed biggest and best festival in the world could just have an almost four hour gap of silence on it's iconic main stage

Sure it could. If they can't get the right act... screen with "there are 99 other stages, go watch something on them". Might even be kinda fun to see who hangs around regardless...

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure it could. If they can't get the right act... screen with "there are 99 other stages, go watch something on them". Might even be kinda fun to see who hangs around regardless...

i'm sure they'd much rather stick ANYBODY there, no matter how inappropriate for such a high slot, there, than just have silence/music playing over the PA

What's the possibility of it actually being filled by the Foos themselves (or them doing a secret set)? Probably fairly unlikely but what if the band feel like they still owe the festival a performance, but don't feel like they could justify a headline set so they'll do like an acoustic set? Just a thought but like I said, probably highly unlikely.

If that goes unannounced, you will have a huge number of already pissed foo fighters fans even angrier that they missed it

Fair do's.

The logistics of organising that sort of rebate would be a nightmare though, and legally it's somewhat dangerous as you're setting a precedent. Plus the festival will know how many people tried for tickets this year and didn't get them. They could assume 20% of people might be pissed off but if they know at least 20% more people were trying to buy tickets they don't have to worry.

Yeah that's fair enough; I think they should do a token gesture just to keep people sweet though, but that's just as a business decision, personally I'm more than happy with the weekend ahead of me

All is forgiven by the way, I get just as passionate about the festival with other people don't worry haha

Fair do's.

The logistics of organising that sort of rebate would be a nightmare though, and legally it's somewhat dangerous as you're setting a precedent. Plus the festival will know how many people tried for tickets this year and didn't get them. They could assume 20% of people might be pissed off but if they know at least 20% more people were trying to buy tickets they don't have to worry.

There already is a precedent. Full refunds for Big Day Out attendees if they weren't happy with the three replacements for Blur in 2014.

I'd be so disappointed if they didn't get someone new booked.  I mean it wouldn't ruin my fest or anything and I would probably forget about it after an hour but being happy with the majority of available bands you guys have been discussing... yeah it would sting a bit, my hopes have been high! Heres hoping for a surprise tomorrow. (I'm keeping TeamSwift alive, she's on lorraine kelly in the morning and with her shows selling out months ago, maybe..just maybe..)

If I'm right in interpreting Emily's comment as to mean it's now sorted out, there must be a reason they're delaying the announcement, so Kylie would be my bet.

EDIT: I apologise if someone's already put forward this idea, been hard to keep up today.

Just putting it out there but I would cry with happiness if Kylie it is.

Talk about guilty pleasures!

They're really not.

Wouldn't be suprised if most of their crowd only knows and is there for "Ace of Spades"

I do agree with you about headlining but, since the line-up was announced, Spotify has introduced us and i'm excited for their set. maybe I'm not the only one.