Football 2015/16

TheGayTent

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, The Nal said:

The "fact" speech mainly I suppose but I don't really in all honesty. Bantz!

Newcastle have nabbed a goodie there. 

Yeah I'm glad he seems to be staying as I'd like them to do well as they're now my local team. I at least want them back in the Premier League so I can get to a few Prem games.

Problem is no matter what players/manager they have they always seem to be absolutely horrific.

2 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Yeah I'm glad he seems to be staying as I'd like them to do well as they're now my local team. I at least want them back in the Premier League so I can get to a few Prem games.

Problem is no matter what players/manager they have they always seem to be absolutely horrific.

Surely even the shambolic board must realise they've the best manager they've had in a long time (maybe ever?) and should let him do what he wants.

Rafa has no time for board/upstairs interference. He'll walk. 

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

Surely even the shambolic board must realise they've the best manager they've had in a long time (maybe ever?) and should let him do what he wants.

Yeah you'd think so. They need to do whatever they can to keep hold of him.

34 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Best since Sir Bobby. Of course, if he gets us a trophy....

Fucking great news regardless. 

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

he diminished fergie and utd by winning the cl with a shit team.

I don't follow football, but surely someone should have had a pop about fergie diminishing himself on numerous occasions by being a petulant child?

Press conference announced for 7pm. This has to be the happiest relegation of all time. We could have ended up with someone like Alan Curblishley, and it's exactly the type of thing you would have expected under this board. One of the most important factors in this is Rafa will have full control over the transfers. I wouldn't be surprised if you see 50,000 there every other week in the Championship now. Nobody is expecting miracles, we just see some unexpected hope and optimism for the future now.

He doesn't have a lot to lose here unless he royally fucked things up. Most of the players have indicated that they would be willing to stay if he stays, and he should be able to attract some players who wouldn't usually come to us in such a situation. He should get us back up comfortably, and he has a massive opportunity to build something here where every single fan is onside. If he stays for a few years and gets us at the right end of the Premier League table, he would have done a very good job. If he does what he's good at and actually brought any sort of trophy, he would be idolised forever.

He has said that the love shown from the fans has played a big part in it. The last day of the season was 90 minutes of our fans begging him to stay. It seems it worked :wub:

Happy for Rafa and the Newcastle fans, always had nothing but respect for Rafa and really wanted him to be given the Villa job back when he wanted it years ago, shame it didn't happen cus Lerner was scaling back his interest [money]. The thing is the money Lerner eventually spent [poorly] Rafa probably would have come in and worked with that. So yeah good luck to Newcastle.

Despite some Newcastle fans thinking Villa hate them, we don't, it was just banter, we have much bigger fish to fry this season :D 

I see nothing but Newcastle steamrolling the league and I always expected that to happen. I didn't want them to come down for this reason! 

12 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Full control of day to day football matters.

Has Ashley finally realised he's been doing things wrong these past 9 years?

perhaps Rafa is the first manager he feels he can trust?

Which might be a bit of a mistake, given how his time at Liverpool panned out - tho was that him, or the owners?

10 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

perhaps Rafa is the first manager he feels he can trust?

Which might be a bit of a mistake, given how his time at Liverpool panned out - tho was that him, or the owners?

Rafa held that fiasco together.

9 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Rafa held that fiasco together.

tho also bought plenty of shite players.

I don't think Rafa has a particularly bad hit rate with his buys compared to other 'top' managers, but Ashley doesn't strike me as someone who'll look kindly on his money being pissed up the wall.

39 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I don't think Rafa has a particularly bad hit rate with his buys compared to other 'top' managers, but Ashley doesn't strike me as someone who'll look kindly on his money being pissed up the wall.

It says here that one of the things that will change is that.  The man who was involved in them buying players with their focus being on resale value is expected to go...

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/rafa-benitez-how-a-champions-league-winning-manager-was-convinced-to-stay-with-newcastle-united-a7048451.html

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

tho also bought plenty of shite players.

Yep. And he also chucked the league away! Single-handedly lost the league for Liverpool. :lol: 

“He spread it out on the table and began to read out one ‘fact’ after another. Rafa kept saying ‘fact... fact... fact...’ and I could not believe what I was hearing. I was grabbing the couch, digging my fingers into the arms, feeling embarrassed for him.

“When I met up with England all the Manchester United players told me Fergie was just laughing at Rafa, saying: ‘I’ve got him. I’ve got him.’"

Edited by The Nal