Football 2015/16

TheGayTent

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From football 365

We may never know, but there is no doubt that FSG would not be pulling the plug so soon after choosing to keep the faith unless they were convinced things were going backwards. Since the end of March, Liverpool have won six competitive matches in 90 minutes. Those beaten sides in full: Blackburn, Newcastle, QPR, Stoke, Bournemouth and Aston Villa.

It is Liverpool’s away form that has provided the most consternation. The away draw at Goodison made it one win in ten away games. Since March 16 they have taken seven points from nine away league games. As Dave Tindall wrote here,  his record away from home at the top four plus Everton reads as follows: Played 18, Won 1, Drawn 9, Lost 8, For 21, Against 33. Simply not good enough'

Ian Wrights views about the Liverpool manager

"“When I think of Klopp, I think of that bad season that Dortmund had after the Champions League final, I thought the motivation wasn’t there, Liverpool don’t need that.

“They need a manager who has a track record to be able to stabilise the club, get Liverpool back on the front foot where they should be.”

I think Ian Wright is (as usual) talking crap. Ancelotti is used to having the best squads and budgets to match. He wont get that at liverpool

I don't think it was Rodgers who forced the Suarez move I think that was the management themselves.. Just thinking about money over the club. Although it was Rodgers who brought in the players and made the decisions who to play etc. He just had to go that's for sure.

I don't think it was Rodgers who forced the Suarez move I think that was the management themselves.. Just thinking about money over the club. Although it was Rodgers who brought in the players and made the decisions who to play etc. He just had to go that's for sure.

Of course it was not Rodgers! :rolleyes:

It was Suarez wanting the move and the club wanting the money

As for who buys the players at LFC thats still up for debate. One thing's for sure, Rodgers is in no way 100% culpable for the players who were bought. He had to contend with they multiman panel bollox, that they would probably want to do away with if they do want to catch a relatively big fish as the next manager

Of course it was not Rodgers! :rolleyes:

It was Suarez wanting the move and the club wanting the money

As for who buys the players at LFC thats still up for debate. One thing's for sure, Rodgers is in no way 100% culpable for the players who were bought. He had to contend with they multiman panel bollox, that they would probably want to do away with if they do want to catch a relatively big fish as the next manager

Well the incident at the World Cup was obviously on purpose because Liverpool did say if he did bite anyone else or do something like that he would be gone. I feel like Suarez knew at the time that it was his only way out due to his contract aswell, I'm interested to see who gets replaced for Rodgers. Personally I hope its Klopp, I think it was the right time to sack him tho because if we waited anymore PL games or until December we could be miles away from Top 4 but right now we're 3 points away so its just a matter of when this new manager can get settled and hopefully do something good for us because lets be honest... no "top club" AT ALL is doing well this season so its the perfect time to turn it around.

we could be miles away from Top 4 but right now we're 3 points away so its just a matter of when this new manager can get settled

Liverpool fans moulding into Rodgers even though he has gone. 3 points from top 4 but only 4 points from bottom 4.

Like I told Neil the other day, Liverpool will be in the bottom 6 by end of October.

Liverpool fans moulding into Rodgers even though he has gone. 3 points from top 4 but only 4 points from bottom 4.

Like I told Neil the other day, Liverpool will be in the bottom 6 by end of October.

Well its always a give and take and it can be said for nearly all the clubs in the EPL right now and not just Liverpool, and being honest if all the other Top clubs wasn't performing badly id of said that top 4 isn't really possible specially since the manager needs to get settled but right now its just 50/50. When Rodgers first went and bought quite a lot of players ( can/markovic etc ) I said we wasn't going to get top 4 because he bought a lot of young players. But lets be honest.. top 4 or not regardless of what people say Rodgers was NOT good enough for the job even tactic wise was pretty terrible.

They might not. They do have the luxury of playing relegation fodder on Halloween....

Well its always a give and take and it can be said for nearly all the clubs in the EPL right now and not just Liverpool, and being honest if all the other Top clubs wasn't performing badly id of said that top 4 isn't really possible specially since the manager needs to get settled but right now its just 50/50. When Rodgers first went and bought quite a lot of players ( can/markovic etc ) I said we wasn't going to get top 4 because he bought a lot of young players. But lets be honest.. top 4 or not regardless of what people say Rodgers was NOT good enough for the job even tactic wise was pretty terrible.

He was good enough for a team that will finish generally 5th or 6th most seasons.

Liverpool in the last 25 years have been mediocre, the odd 2nd place one every 4 or 5 years.

What's going to change?

He was good enough for a team that will finish generally 5th or 6th most seasons.

Liverpool in the last 25 years have been mediocre, the odd 2nd place one every 4 or 5 years.

What's going to change?

Well 1 example will be the way the team was set up and who was actually on the pitch for certain games, lets look at balotelli for example he wasn't the best of signings lets be honest BUT he was ALWAYS played on his own when we had other strikers to back him up. We have a decent striker selection but they constantly got played alone and not with another striker. And as I've mentioned recently the likes of lovren/allen just shouldn't really be on the team selection either. Crucial points was lost due to team selections from the MANAGER I'm not saying we was always top 4 material but lots of games was lost/drawn when they shouldn't of been.

Edited by Chris Lfc

Many relatively big managers aren't in charge of transfers overseas.  The transfer committee in itself isn't a bad concept, there is an advantage in separating transfers and coaching as it allows a longer term plan and you don't have to rip up the squad every time you change manager.  Liverpools transfer committee hasn't worked well, but that doesnt mean the model cant succeed.

What's going to change?

Loads. Where were your shower before Whiskeydick showed up FFS.

What was it that Nal was saying about the next 7 games being killers?  Two proved not to be, and the results were good enough for top 4. :lol:

Rodgers may or may not be any good, but what's on public view isn't dreadful as an average. If anything has killed him it's the out-of-sight promises he's given the board.