Football 2015/16

TheGayTent

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't disagree with that, with them having had so little patience into this season.

I'll just point out that he's had 4 from 6 since all this talk got big, which isn't sacking form its top 4 hero form. Decision was clearly made several weeks back.

Those 4 have been against the current bottom 8 though. And none of the performances have been particularly inspiring.

If they get a better manager on paper like klopp or anchelotti (who may both be off the market by dec or next summer) then its a good move imo

I actually think hes a decent manager, but their transfer dealings in the last two years seem to have been disasters...

Edited by zahidf

I thought Klopp would have been after a top top job (e.g. City, Chelsea, Madrid, Barca, Bayern, PSG etc) rather than rushing in to take over this Liverpool side. Surely he'll want to be looking at winning league titles and Champions League at this stage in his managerial career.

Every one of those clubs I've mentioned above could change their manager anytime, either mid way after a poor run of results, or at the end of the season.

Regardless of how good a manager Klopp undoubtably is, he isn't going to take this Liverpool side to a title anytime soon. There's too much work to do, with too many quality sides with endless millions to compete with. His task at Dortmund was much easier as he was only really competing with Bayern.

Maybe Liverpool have snapped him up and aced quickly before Jose loses his job and Chelsea and they start sniffing.

The fact that Rodgers has faced the chop so early makes me think they're lining up to bring someone in who'll change their whole setup, from the way they approach players to the type of players they sign.

Has Ancelotti written all over it.

I just cant see the setup significantly changing. Without champions league football the only way to attract a significantly higher calibre of player is by following the Man City/PSG route which isn't going to happen as Fenway are in it to make a profit. I see little changing other than the manager. Ancelotti doesn't seem a good fit to me at all.

Will be interesting if Liverpool have another 300m to spend on players. Especially as there doesn't look to many there to bring in big dosh, coutinho maybe.

It doesn't matter how much Liverpool are pumping into the club if their rivals are pumping in more.

From one perspective he is only 3 points away from liverpools par position. However Im not sure I could see Liverpool turning around this time, they needed a win against a decentish team to show things were moving in the right direction. He also doesnt have credit in the bank like a Mourhino or Wenger because he hasn't won anything. I wonder what type of job he could expect to get next? He probably gets a chance at mid table premiership team, but has to be careful not to wait too long for the ideal job.

I assume the club has someone lined up, the competition in the league make it a tough job, but Im sure there will be no shortage of ontenders who would take the challenge.

I have a feeling Rodgers may be the type who will think he is above jobs like Newcastle and wait for too long for a bigger team to come knocking. The danger is you wait too long, you are soon forgotten.

Maybe your right, but he seems to have a bit of an ego and think he'd like the challenge of taking Newcastle back up the table. They're still a big club regardless of how terrible they currently are.

I can't see him going abroad. He's not not a big enough name to appeal to the bigger European clubs, and the next step down in the top leagues abroad really is a tough job.