Football 2015/16

TheGayTent

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why? Fergie was still winning things. Wenger hasn't got close to winning anything for over a decade. After he sold Viera basically.

Wenger also hasn't really spent any money on the squad for a decade+ ... I wonder how fergie would have gone with that restriction? :P

In many ways the new guy (whoever it might be) has it easier, because he's not going to have that restriction and is unlikely to have fixed himself in a mindset of not buying players.

Why? Fergie was still winning things. Wenger hasn't got close to winning anything for over a decade. After he sold Viera basically.

Nothing to do with trophies won, more to do with the amount of time Wenger has been there.

Removing fergie left United rudderless, it's crucial arsenal get the appointment right. Will be interesting the reaction of players, fans and the club alike.

a lot of hoof in there as well as the goal

Yeah, I'm only referring to the backheel though. Mata is Utds best player now. Would love to see him drop a little further back at times into the Scholes position and run the game. Like what should've happened in the 2nd half last night.

Am I right in thinking Sturridge has been dropped from England squad because Rodgers said he couldn't play both games?

I'm surprised England might want to take him again, as I think it's them who've picked up most of the cost of his off-sick wages the last couple of years. He always seemed to get injured playing for England.

So him being dropped is good news for Liverpool, I reckon.

lol @ Rodgers.

It was dreadful, but it was very much a b-team that was played.

I thought Origi looked pretty good. His shooting could do with improving, but he made some decent contributions. I'd like to see what he looks like with Sturridge also on the field, I reckon they could be a decent pairing (probably better than Sturridge with Ings).

I thought Rositer looked OK too - tho a bit too much sidewards.

Dreadful, tho.

Rodgers: "We go into Sunday's game with confidence. We have quality in this team. We should have won that game last night 4-1."

And he is right. They should have, but yet again the players are really letting the club, fans and manager down with their finishing and lack thereof. They are making all the chances, but just not finishing them. 

In reality what more can BR do? Over the last 3 years he has LFC playing in such a way that only the likes of Barca and City actually create more chances. The difference is that the quality up front for LFC is very different since Suarez left and Sturridge got injured and it seems LFC are simply not a club who can attract and/or afford the top top strikers/finishers.............they find themselves having to buy young or 2nd tier players with the hope they can develop/improve them. They manage to do that now and again, but then its difficult for the club to keep them. Its a mini vicious circle in reality. 

Edited by ThomThomDrum

It probably hasn't helped with the striker thing with the club having so many bigger-name strikers last season and this.

It probably leads to keep trying different things with different players, when what's really needed is give the same players a decent run when they have a chance to build up their sharpness.

Might Origi have put away one or more of  yesterday's chances if he was playing every week? Perhaps, perhaps not, but it would surely have increased the chances.

Ings I sort-of like, but I don't think he's got what it takes to be prolific.

I just don't think the Liverpool squad is good in the slightest. 

Mignolet is average at best, the defence is a shambles bar Clyne, Benteke has been okay. The midfield is solid but you can see the gap that Gerrard has left. Sturridge and Coutinho remain Liverpool's best players but they're not amazing by any stretch of the imagination. 

Losing Gerrard, Suarez and Sterling in the last two years has badly hurt Liverpool as a squad and it'll take a lot to bounce back from it. 

Saying that, our squad is lacking in a million and one ways as well, we're just in solid form.