2016 Other Stage headliners

Rose-Colored Boy

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

That gets announced on Tuesday. Obviously won't change things but I guess if they're not playing it and not an English exclusive then it adds fuel to the fire

yeah would seem kind of week if both them and Rudimental are headlining it again, even if it is their own festival, so i guess we shall see

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, FloorFiller said:

yeah would seem kind of week if both them and Rudimental are headlining it again, even if it is their own festival, so i guess we shall see

Doesn't seem to matter at Beautiful Days where Levellers headline it every year though. Atm, Disclosure's music is in with the biggest selling genre about. The stupidly weak part is possibly both of the Reading co's playing lower Glasto spots.

Just now, thewayiam said:

Doesn't seem to matter at Beautiful Days where Levellers headline it every year though. Atm, Disclosure's music is in with the biggest selling genre about. The stupidly weak part is possibly both of the Reading co's playing lower Glasto spots.

well yeah that would also be a bit odd considering a Reading headliner has never played lower down at Glastonbury other than as a special guest, which is why i doubt either will happen, even if Foals doing 6music fest doesn't really seem like it should affect R/L/you'd think they'd have em as a 'summer festival exclusive'

2 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Someone knows someone in Blossoms who told them Blossoms are playing and Disclosure/Bastille is the top two on Friday's other Stage. Unless I've accidentally mixed two pieces of info together.

was the Blossoms thing not the Kendrick headlining Other info? or have i got two things mixed together?

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

well yeah that would also be a bit odd considering a Reading headliner has never played lower down at Glastonbury other than as a special guest, which is why i doubt either will happen, even if Foals doing 6music fest doesn't really seem like it should affect R/L/you'd think they'd have em as a 'summer festival exclusive'

It's very weak to be honest whatever exclusive it was on. If they play Glasto and Disclosure do their Wild fest thing then basically R&L has taken the piss out of themselves well and truly. This year will sell bad.

Just now, T-Mouse said:

Pretty sure that the Disclosure info was from someone claiming that someone they know knows someone in with Bastille and they said Bastille are subbing Disclosure friday night... seems watertight if you ask me.

yeah that sounds about right. things like that have proven to be true in the past, but a lot more have proven to be bollocks. guess we won't know until they either do or don't appear on the lineup, but i had em pinned as a Other headliner since the end of last year until i found out about them topping R/L so it wouldn't be too much of a shock

1 minute ago, T-Mouse said:

Pretty sure that the Disclosure info was from someone claiming that someone they know knows someone in with Bastille and they said Bastille are subbing Disclosure friday night... seems watertight if you ask me.

You wouldn't bet against the Bastille being correct though, subbing Other is the position they would get and if it is Disclosure then New Order and LCD's subs are probably already know. For two young acts to counter two rockier/indie acts it fits.

Haha, I was there for the end of Mark Ronson but I wouldn't be anywhere near for Disclosure. It would also continue the trio of 'dance' acts on the Other. I wouldn't be there for any of the Other header or subs though if it turns out who is thought, and that probably goes for ths Pyramid as well. All the possible acts that are about who could play for me are undercard acts.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

I'm pretty sure it's just the sister festival to Parklife so whatever Parklife headliners are expected then that's what will do Wildlife.

Fuck knows who's expected for it this year but my gut instinct is saying The Chems 

2 minutes ago, jonodillieono said:

I'm pretty sure it's just the sister festival to Parklife so whatever Parklife headliners are expected then that's what will do Wildlife.

Fuck knows who's expected for it this year but my gut instinct is saying The Chems 

ah you're right - i totally forgot it was linked to Parklife actually. doubtful Disclosure will be headlining then if that's the case which puts them in the frame for Glastonbury

11 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

ah you're right - i totally forgot it was linked to Parklife actually. doubtful Disclosure will be headlining then if that's the case which puts them in the frame for Glastonbury

It still doesn't make it any better lol. I'm wondering when people are going to pick up my point that Reading is now a festival that charges you to camp there with a weekend ticket regardless that it doesn't state that in the price. The festival doesn't do well enough now funds wise.

Edited by thewayiam

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

make what any better?

If Glastonbury, the size festival that it is has Disclosure heading their 2nd stage. They got buggeres over with Alt-J last year by both Glasto and T, this year is at least one part of an actual headliner.

If that happens, Reading should have fucked them both off and went for someone different.

5 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I'm wondering when people are going to pick up my point that Reading is now a festival that charges you to camp there with a weekend ticket regardless that it doesn't state that in the price. The festival doesn't do well enough now funds wise.

I'm wondering when your cousin is going to come back and get his computer and free us all from these incessant boring posts.

14 hours ago, AdamWillingham said:

Surely Disclosure can't be touted as an 'exclusive' because they will be playing their own festival they curate with Rudimental? 

Rumour in Brighton is Chase and Status are headlining and Disclosure ain't playing. But that's just a rumour, I don't know any more than that. 

Means Chase and Status would be headlining Parklife too, I guess. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, TomViolence said:

The Sunday is slowly turning into a problem. Park or WH to the rescue...

At glastonbury - it isnt a distaster, but yep. Im worried the Sunday could be a bit of a problem too.

Ice Cube on WH / PJ Harvey on the Park would do for me though.

A night at Arcadia wouldn't go a miss either if it's up my street... 100+ stages. 2 bobbins ones should still be ok.

BMTH and Coldplay is a clash that funnily enough, I don't want, I'm a fan of both, but it looks inevitable at this point they'll be on at the same time. Hoping that they're actually subbing the Other so I can see both!

To be fair the quotes don't actually confirm anything other than that they are playing, Other headliner seems to be a guess along the lines of what people have guessed on here.

I'm seeing them tonight though in Brixton, so will probably end up at the Pyramid if they do clash.

Edited by paulmuchmore