PSB

Anderson19

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who haven't seen them I'd recommend doing it quick while you still can see the live show. I think they will have a limited run as there's only so much inspirational archive material, and the live show is great

I think theres still another album or two that they could do in the same manner. Doesn't have to be historical either, could dip into cinema, documentaries (wildlife and the like), spoken word etc.

That aside they are talented enough to evolve beyond using archive material if they run out of useable stuff.

I wouldn't disagree with that - on the whole from start to finish it's a solid record that flows really well. For me though it doesn't have as many stand out moments or tracks as the first album (minus the 2 songs mentioned above) - I'll stick with it though.

I think Sputnik is superb as well.

Kind of tune that gives you a tingly rush and puts a smile on the face!

I think theres still another album or two that they could do in the same manner. Doesn't have to be historical either, could dip into cinema, documentaries (wildlife and the like), spoken word etc.

That aside they are talented enough to evolve beyond using archive material if they run out of useable stuff.

I'd like to think so too. But label me 'concerned'

I have no doubt they're vastly talented and will go onto greater things though, that's one thing I miss from the new tour's show - it was much more amazing seeing him looping away and dealing with it all with pretty much only a drummer (not to diss the percussion)

Go !

It reminds be a bit of We Come One by Faithless - one of the synths in it.

A bit geeky I know but one of the samples from it " it it doesn't reappear we'll be go " - also appeared on a track by Hypnotone from the early 90 's

I love this clip. Seen them live twice but only got a real appreciation for just how much the guitarist/keyboarder/banjo player is doing when I watched this. You can see him layering everything and gradually building the songs. Seriously talented.

I'll have a watch of that once im home later.

Nervous for who these will clash with tomorrow I am hoping they go up against the headliners at usual headliner timer any later and it'll be packed to the rafters!

Looking like 10pm Saturday on the Glade as a guess.

I'll have a watch of that once im home later.

Nervous for who these will clash with tomorrow I am hoping they go up against the headliners at usual headliner timer any later and it'll be packed to the rafters!

Looking like 10pm Saturday on the Glade as a guess.

I'm hoping for a 'clashing' headliner slot on Saturday night too, as I have no interest in Yeezus or whichever of Rudimental/Deadmau5 type crap they'll have on Other!

Slightly nervous about who's getting the Park slot, and sod's law says that the Clash Gods will poop on me from a great height by putting Jon Hopkins up against PSB. I truly hope not, as I don't know what the hell I would do...

Ideal scenario would be a proper headline slot in a packed Glade, with me doon the front jumping around with a tent full of those who have chosen PSB over several others.

Tomorrow, we'll know...

I feel a bit sick!

Ben

I'm hoping for a 'clashing' headliner slot on Saturday night too, as I have no interest in Yeezus or whichever of Rudimental/Deadmau5 type crap they'll have on Other!

Slightly nervous about who's getting the Park slot, and sod's law says that the Clash Gods will poop on me from a great height by putting Jon Hopkins up against PSB. I truly hope not, as I don't know what the hell I would do...

Ideal scenario would be a proper headline slot in a packed Glade, with me doon the front jumping around with a tent full of those who have chosen PSB over several others.

Tomorrow, we'll know...

I feel a bit sick!

Ben

I was struggling for Saturday (based on what the general consensus is of various headliners). I would probably have gone to Suede, but hopefully now there is a solution!

Never had anything planned for the Saturday late so it's all good, only thing is I would probably have preferred PSB to be on a bit earlier to beat the main stages to Shangri-La. As it is might hand around in Glade/see what is going on in Silver Hayes before heading to Jag'z Acid Lounge for Primal Scream's Northern Soul when all the rubber-necker's have left the naughty corner.