PSB

Anderson19

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet you all a tenner that they will be playing elsewhere over the weekend. Seems a bit of a strange one to play just the Glade after being at west Holts last year. I reckon they will show up at the Park (headliner or sub?) or JP at some time over the weekend as well?

Glade makes more sense than WH from an audiovisual aspect though. The Radiophonic Workshop worked brilliantly there last year. It's almost made for that kind of performance.

Glade's running order on Facebook has them third from top on Saturday night.

My favourite track from their new album is The Other Side.

Go is great fun, as is Gagarin, but The Other Side seems to encapsulate what makes this band great for me - that it's not just old sound clips chucked over music, but an entwining of both, so the music tells its own story and embellishes the audio clips in a way that makes them particularly accessible.

My favourite track from their new album is The Other Side.

Go is great fun, as is Gagarin, but The Other Side seems to encapsulate what makes this band great for me - that it's not just old sound clips chucked over music, but an entwining of both, so the music tells its own story and embellishes the audio clips in a way that makes them particularly accessible.

It's great fun live too, good bit of 'audience participation'.

I bet you all a tenner that they will be playing elsewhere over the weekend. Seems a bit of a strange one to play just the Glade after being at west Holts last year. I reckon they will show up at the Park (headliner or sub?) or JP at some time over the weekend as well?

I'm desperately hoping this is true.

I don't think it'll be just as good anywhere else as it'll be in the Glade, but if Leftfield are on at the same time then that's going to win the day

PSB & Leftfield have both released 2 albums as it stands.

By Glasonbury Leftfield's 3rd will have been released.

Researching Leftfield is hardly like trawling through 15 albums and numerous other things.

You would be putting in just as much research to PSB but each to their own.

Just seems a strange way to validate a choice when there is so little in it.

PSB & Leftfield have both released 2 albums as it stands.

By Glasonbury Leftfield's 3rd will have been released.

Researching Leftfield is hardly like trawling through 15 albums and numerous other things.

You would be putting in just as much research to PSB but each to their own.

Just seems a strange way to validate a choice when there is so little in it.

If that's in response to my postings, AT, then thanks. It's not the 'volume' of stuff to listen to, it's just a slightly idiosyncratic approach of mine. I already know that I really like PSB. I have wanted to see them for a while. I am excited by them partly because they are still pretty new and I feel I have been invested in them from early on. Ergo, I want to see them. Given that I am pretty confident of a clash with Leftfield, I am already decided that I will choose PSB in that event. Given that, there's no 'point' in me listening to Leftfield just at the mo, when I could say be listening to, and getting more familiar with, Keston Cobblers Club, who I have discovered are brilliant, and I want to see in Avalon.

On Tuesday, when the running order is out, and Leftfield don't clash with PSB, and there's nothing else clashing that I had already set me heart on, I promise to steal Alternative Light Source (if it's leaked by then!) and play it to death!!!

:)

Ben

I've just had a look at the Clashfinder from the last couple of years and there is no guarantee the two will clash, although in 2013 the Glade didn't go on nearly as late as last year.
Going by last year's Saturday times they would clash badly, but it all depends who is playing and how long their live show/set is.

It's still likely to be a problem, but you never know.

If Annie Mac and Quivver are both doing 90 minute / 2 hour sets there is a chance PSB could be done and dusted by 11pm.

The worry is that the Sonic Stage could be so jammed for Leftfield it might be difficult to get in if you leave it that late

For those who haven't seen them I'd recommend doing it quick while you still can see the live show. I think they will have a limited run as there's only so much inspirational archive material, and the live show is great

For those who haven't seen them I'd recommend doing it quick while you still can see the live show. I think they will have a limited run as there's only so much inspirational archive material, and the live show is great

Caught them at the Roundhouse earlier this month and it was phenomenal. Something truly different. Particularly enjoyed the mock 'don't hold cameras up throughout the gig' video at the start. Seemed to actually work too...

In struggling to really get into the 2nd album fully like I did the 1st - minus Go & The Other Side

I'm surprised, Anderson. I think it's more coherent as a whole, than the first record.

I'm adamant that it is undoubtedly better listened to not just in running order, but from start to finish.

Ben

Just popping in to mention that the PSB audiovisual show and the Glade at night is a match made in heaven.

Can I add a whole day of drinking , smokes et al will enhance it further.

I cannot wait !