Wedding or glasto?

wweerr208

whats the general policy on selling tickets? does ebay still pull auctions? my friend who has been wrestling with his conscious about either going to glasto or a going to a wedding (recently arranged of someone close). He's decided on going to the wedding and has a ticket going spare. He's male and has bald/ very short dark hair. I suppose he would be happy to get the face value (I've not asked him)

or does he just lose his money and throw his ticket - ALL permutations of doing both (ie going back home just for the wedding and coming back etc..) are impossible for personal reasons

Edited by wweerr208

Wow your friend's an idiot.

Is he so arrogant to think that his non attendance at the wedding will affect their enjoyment of the day one iota?

<sigh>

I agree!!!!

This is his at least 9th/ 10th or 11th glasto, he just maybe possibly falling out of love with the place

My daughter's wedding took place five years ago over a weekend when I was the Duty Manager of a music fest. I dashed back home on Saturday morning, scrubbed up, did the wedding and reception and returned to the fest late on Saturday night ready for an early shift on Sunday. Cake and eating it.

Disclaimer: If you want non-biased and reasonable decision making, you've come to the wrong place.

I missed my cousins wedding for the festival in 2010. In my defense, I didn't actually know about the wedding until late on Sunday night, so my failure to attend wasn't really my fault.

Disclaimer: If you want non-biased and reasonable decision making, you've come to the wrong place.

I missed my cousins wedding for the festival in 2010. In my defense, I didn't actually know about the wedding until late on Sunday night, so my failure to attend wasn't really my fault.

what!! the internet can be wrong - no way ;o)

I'm just after advice on what to give him - we've never been in this situation before

Edited by wweerr208

I think your friend is going to have to take the hit on this. If he's known about this wedding for a while (longer than 8 days) then its only his own lack of common sense that has put him in this position - any sensible person would check the t&cs on the website if there was a risk of not being able to go!!

I don't really know anything about how easy it is to sell tickets on, but the festival are very explicitly anti-reselling, so if your friend was to start trying to sell his ticket online, and the festival get wind of it then I guess his ticket might end up being cancelled?

I think your friend is going to have to take the hit on this. If he's known about this wedding for a while (longer than 8 days) then its only his own lack of common sense that has put him in this position - any sensible person would check the t&cs on the website if there was a risk of not being able to go!!

I don't really know anything about how easy it is to sell tickets on, but the festival are very explicitly anti-reselling, so if your friend was to start trying to sell his ticket online, and the festival get wind of it then I guess his ticket might end up being cancelled?

thats what I thought/ suspected

Yep family's important, but I get all mine to avoid anything happening in June (I'm lucky). I told my now-wife to not include June as a month to get married in, as we began planning. We married in the month of August, and I was lucky enough to get tickets for that June too.

The thread title and your question seem to be entirely different as you've said your mate has already decided on going to the wedding. :P

It seems that a lot of people do resell their tickets or pass them on going by stories on here but I don't think I would be alright with selling it to someone for £220 knowing that they aren't anything like certain to get in with the ticket. I mean we pay that much and we know we're gonna be there so it just seems off. Maybe giving it to a trustworthy friend that could pay if it was successful or something would be nice, if possible.

As for the thread title; it's only a judgement your mate can make but I would say any couple who arranged their wedding for two months down the line can't really be that pissed off if people have prior obligations that day, and if they are that close that it would actually impact the occasion by not being there (immediate family/best friends) then they should already have known about him going to Glastonbury since October.

I agree with Dentalplan. I'm sure that the bride and groom would not have been annoyed with your friend for missing the wedding if he had been going on a foreign holiday, so I can't understand why they would be cross with him for missing it for Glastonbury - it is still a pre-booked holiday at the end of the day.

I agree with Dentalplan. I'm sure that the bride and groom would not have been annoyed with your friend for missing the wedding if he had been going on a foreign holiday, so I can't understand why they would be cross with him for missing it for Glastonbury - it is still a pre-booked holiday at the end of the day.

You'd be surprised how people see festivals as unimportant - holidays are seen as something acceptable but 'going to see a band' really isn't. I personally would want to choose it over a wedding (not really believing in such a ridiculous show of arrogance) but I am fully aware it would be the 'wrong' decision from a society point of view...and would probably be pressured into making the 'right' decision Edited by efcfanwirral

Mardy I will have the same dilemma next year wth an in-law, what if its P? Nightmare. And a fallow year the year after.

Oooof. But's not going to be P. I have come to terms with that, done my mourning and moved on.

I dunno, i guess my family doesnt get together so much, and my friends are scattered, so these kind of get-togethers are pretty important. And i do think that for someone i loved, i'd have no hesitation in choosing them over the festival.

I'm lucky, i suppose that Glastonbury acts like that, i'll be seeing my friends and family there for the first time in 6 months or a year.

The thread title and your question seem to be entirely different as you've said your mate has already decided on going to the wedding. :P

It seems that a lot of people do resell their tickets or pass them on going by stories on here but I don't think I would be alright with selling it to someone for £220 knowing that they aren't anything like certain to get in with the ticket. I mean we pay that much and we know we're gonna be there so it just seems off. Maybe giving it to a trustworthy friend that could pay if it was successful or something would be nice, if possible.

As for the thread title; it's only a judgement your mate can make but I would say any couple who arranged their wedding for two months down the line can't really be that pissed off if people have prior obligations that day, and if they are that close that it would actually impact the occasion by not being there (immediate family/best friends) then they should already have known about him going to Glastonbury since October.

This is 100% on the money. It sounds like he would have gone to the wedding if he had known about getting a refund last week, so it's his own idiocy that is basically losing him £200. We had a spare ticket last year (first-timer split from her boyfriend, she didn't realise she could get a refund until too late and we didn't hear of the split until too late). Tried selling the ticket on here but to no avail. Had a couple of leads but it never happened. If he's decided to go to the wedding probably nothing wrong with giving it a go but he might have to write-off the money.

I missed my cousin's wedding in 2011 for Glastonbury. To be fair he missed mine two years earlier for a gig (I never found out who it was) so I didn't feel too guilty.