Wedding or glasto?

wweerr208

I'm sure it's a 40%+ chance that their marriage will end up in divorce, Whereas my personal stats having gone to about 17 Glasto's and only not enjoyed 1 of them, which is c6%.

So your friend can say that they have objectively chosen to back the option more statistically likely to end in happiness. Glastonbury.

;)

EDIT: Corrected typo. I enjoyed ALL but one!!

Edited by Bonedaddy

He could probably sell the ticket to some random who looks remotely similar, but you wont be able to do it on any of the normal reseller sites. Guess something like Gumtree is the best option.

Either way for me, unless it was my Mom, Dad, Brother or Sister, I would sack off the wedding and go to Glasto

whats the general policy on selling tickets? does ebay still pull auctions? my friend who has been wrestling with his conscious about either going to glasto or a going to a wedding (recently arranged of someone close). He's decided on going to the wedding and has a ticket going spare. He's male and has bald/ very short dark hair. I suppose he would be happy to get the face value (I've not asked him)

or does he just lose his money and throw his ticket - ALL permutations of doing both (ie going back home just for the wedding and coming back etc..) are impossible for personal reasons

It's nothing that can't be decided through a few games of Paper, scissors, stone! ;)

Either way for me, unless it was my Mom, Dad, Brother or Sister, I would sack off the wedding and go to Glasto

My Mum is currently organising her wedding for next year and had pencilled in next year's Glasto weekend as a potential date... Soon informed her to amend her selections if she wanted her eldest there so she had plenty of prior warning.. aha

I got married last July, we specifically made sure it didn't clash with anything festival or sport wise, it was during the World Cup so made sure it didn't clash with England matches etc. Not that either of us were interested in that but other people might have been. A Friend scheduled his wedding on an FA cup final day and a couple of close friends had tickets, they choose the football and the friend who's wedding it was didn't speak to them for a couple of years! Anyway what I'm saying is they shouldn't have scheduled their wedding over the Glastonbury weekend, poor planning.

I got married last July, we specifically made sure it didn't clash with anything festival or sport wise, it was during the World Cup so made sure it didn't clash with England matches etc. Not that either of us were interested in that but other people might have been. A Friend scheduled his wedding on an FA cup final day and a couple of close friends had tickets, they choose the football and the friend who's wedding it was didn't speak to them for a couple of years! Anyway what I'm saying is they shouldn't have scheduled their wedding over the Glastonbury weekend, poor planning.

Before I judge the close friends, can I ask who they support?

I would always try to avoid any big calendar events - I would be disappointed if someone put me in a position of Glastonbury or their wedding. Luckily most people seem to know not to book a wedding at the end of June! (fingers crossed)

Yep. If someone has booked something for the end of June without talking to me then they aren't close enough to cancel Glastonbury over.

I'm sure it's a 40%+ chance that their marriage will end up in divorce, Whereas my personal stats having gone to about 17 Glasto's and only enjoyed 1 of them, which is c6%.

So your friend can say that they have objectively chosen to back the option more statistically likely to end in happiness. Glastonbury.

;)

I'm confused. You've been to about 17 Glastos and only enjoyed one of them?

Still going sounds like the triumph of hope over experience.

I'm confused. You've been to about 17 Glastos and only enjoyed one of them?

Still going sounds like the triumph of hope over experience.

I'd echo grumpy's observation. What on earth keeps you going there? Please don't tell me it's optimism because that would just be wrong.

Errr, it was a typo, sorry. I'd have to be some sort of sado-pessimist to have gone 17 times and only ever have enjoyed one of them. Quite the opposite obviously. Only 1 i went to where i didn't get into it, was ground down by the weather etc