Glastocam!

pauladam

3 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

Look at her instagram… I don’t remember there being further steps up? Just the pier extending out. Wonder if they’re doing 2 levels this year… is that even possible?

3 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

I'm pretty sure there were some form of steps, but I'm going off a hazy memory! I think they were opposite the little stage the pier had facing it.

2 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

You may well be right. I only went there once so don’t remember a huge amount. Maybe it’s the perspective of the picture but Emily’s picture looks like the steps are going up quite a bit higher than the pier. 
Guess we’ll see in 39 days!

These are the only steps I saw on Emilie's Insta. These ones are on they Railway line dropping north to the east of the Glade
FFS - I am now banned from Insta!!! how did that happen.
Can someone else show the pier steps that Emilie's posted please?

steps.png

53 minutes ago, buddiepaul said:

As we have been looking at the lush green fields starting to be transformed for the festival, I thought I would remind myself what the end goal is.  Here is Thursday evening 2019, and seeing this compared to where we are now has certainly got my excitement levels up.

image.thumb.png.0b0e24502fafe55b3054ba3d678265c1.png

This must be a Friday rather than Thursday, far too big crowds near the stages

You can't beat up to date picture of course.

However here's a load of pics I took while being a passenger on a light plane pre-Glasto 2010

Here is one pic, I will link to the rest... taken June 14 2010

DSCF1283.jpg

I've become totally obsessed with the webcam this year - from dressing the Pyramid to staring the fence and even cutting the grass - I love the fact that we can watch it all unfold and get excited about it.  I've set up a Shortcut on my iPhone to set the webcam feed as my wallpaper and update it whenever I want.  The little things make me happy!

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Staberinde said:

These are the only steps I saw on Emilie's Insta. These ones are on they Railway line dropping north to the east of the Glade
FFS - I am now banned from Insta!!! how did that happen.
Can someone else show the pier steps that Emilie's posted please?

steps.png

This is the post:1555B82D-A391-450E-9A3E-26B8137C9E11.thumb.jpeg.15b9d20532318cdfe97945809f38d600.jpeg

if you zoom in then you can see this

0ED243D5-A7FB-4EF4-89D7-460FBB9DD367.thumb.png.a654efd6b22096ca83a5521888db1899.png

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jpw48 said:

I've become totally obsessed with the webcam this year - from dressing the Pyramid to staring the fence and even cutting the grass - I love the fact that we can watch it all unfold and get excited about it.  I've set up a Shortcut on my iPhone to set the webcam feed as my wallpaper and update it whenever I want.  The little things make me happy!

Yes,have to admit I’ve been totally obsessed as well. And the obsession is fed by the sharp eyed on here spotting every little change as the theories of what might be become reality. 

1 hour ago, Jpw48 said:

Is this you?

10 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I don’t have time to try this at the moment but have just seen it pop up on my Twitter timeline… anyone want to see if it actually works? Potential game changer.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Harry_W01 said:

oh no is the Camera playing up again? last update 11:15 AM

hmm ... thats not good you just prompted my first look today ... 

5 minutes ago, Neville Street said:

Will Pangea be gone when the webcam comes back to life?

dont think there will be any deliberate breakage at this point  ....... but it usually takes them while to fix it 

4 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

Is this you?

Yes, that is me! I thought I’d share it out on Twitter and see if anyone else wanted to use the webcam as third wallpaper. Let me know how it goes if you try it 🙂

(also, really bad timing with the camera now being down!)

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, JoeyT said:

I don’t have time to try this at the moment but have just seen it pop up on my Twitter timeline… anyone want to see if it actually works? Potential game changer.

If for any reason it doesn’t work just ping me a message and I can help you get it running.  Should be pretty simple to set up though.  I made it about a month ago and figured it might be worth a share.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Jpw48 said:
7 hours ago, JoeyT said:

If for any reason it doesn’t work just ping me a message and I can help you get it running.  Should be pretty simple to set up though.  I made it about a month ago and figured it might be worth a share.

Couldn’t open on safari but chrome worked, assuming webcam not working but this is frickin ace of it works

16 hours ago, JoeyT said:

I’d love to do this but can’t risk anyone at work seeing it on my phone screen.