Headliners 2016

thewayiam

Dangers that I can see coming our way;

Jessie J, Sam Smith, Rita Ora, and Calvin Harris (we've somehow avoided him)

Worst of all... A cancellation and then they turn to new friend Edward Sheeran to headline.

Calvin Harris has played a few times, but i think he's occupied earning gazillions in Vegas these days.

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there any particular Radiohead rumours or is it simply wishful thinking? Sorry been out of the loop a bit as didnt want to start checking efests until I had a ticket secured, which luckily I now do!

It's been an annual rumour since the beginning of time, them and Pearl Jam :)

I reckon.

I have heard some things which definitely puts them there despite what Emily has said, tho I can't guarantee the info is 100% accurate. It's more likely to be than not, tho.

Do you think that this would rule out any pre agreement for say R&L they might have had as you previously suggested you reckoned they would be counting the Reading paycheck.

oh well.

what a thoroughly uninspired, imagination-free booking, if true.

Seeing Muse at the O2 in April. This is despite me thinking their last 2/3 albums have been utter garbage. They still put on an amazing live show and I was intrigued by their plans for the next tour - drones flying over the crowd and whatnot.

Calvin Harris has played a few times, but i think he's occupied earning gazillions in Vegas these days.

I'm not sure but I think that'll just be outside of festival season. He's a huge festival favourite right around the world and would have probably sought to be able to manage both.

Kinda spurred on by him being linked with headlining Coachella, but I could see him headlining the Pyramid in the next couple of years. He'd get a very big crowd and it'd be a kind of watershed moment like Beyoncé or Jay-Z being the first of their respective genres/sub-genres to headline or whatever, but obviously a whole lot shitter. I think it'd make sense.

Edited by dentalplan

Seeing Muse at the O2 in April. This is despite me thinking their last 2/3 albums have been utter garbage. They still put on an amazing live show and I was intrigued by their plans for the next tour - drones flying over the crowd and whatnot.

it's more that they've done it a few times already that makes their (potential) booking uninspired, rather than any comment on the quality of their show.

for my ears, i've never enjoyed their music, so wouldn't be there anyway.  but i struggle to think of a single name that'd be a realistic headliner that i'm interested in seeing, so i'm just enjoying a bit of sniping from the sidelines.

I used to love Calvin Harris's live shows, saw him at Somerset House & Beach Break, & I don't even mind the look of his DJ sets but he would headline either of the two big stages, Pyramid if he keeps on like he is in a year or two. Would look ok with a one of light show.

I'd have Calvin over Rihanna/Drake etc personally.

I'm not sure but I think that'll just be outside of festival season. He's a huge festival favourite right around the world and would have probably sought to be able to manage both.

Kinda spurred on by him being linked with headlining Coachella, but I could see him headlining the Pyramid in the next couple of years. He'd get a very big crowd and it'd be a kind of watershed moment like Beyoncé or Jay-Z being the first of their respective genres/sub-genres to headline or whatever, but obviously a whole lot shitter. I think it'd make sense.

yeah, certainly he's big enough and very popular.  it's not for me, but i wouldn't have anything other than my own predjudices to go on in arguing against him.

it's more that they've done it a few times already that makes their (potential) booking uninspired, rather than any comment on the quality of their show.

for my ears, i've never enjoyed their music, so wouldn't be there anyway.  but i struggle to think of a single name that'd be a realistic headliner that i'm interested in seeing, so i'm just enjoying a bit of sniping from the sidelines.

Fair enough, I find myself spending less and less time at the Pyramid every year.

This has been my soundtrack this afternoon. Still the best festival performance I have ever seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6HFvnWTyj4

It's funny old world. At the same time I chose to see the pet shop boys on the other stage and they were excellent. My group who stayed for Muse wished they hadn't. Having said that lots of people obviously rate them.