• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

No Radiohead? 

Im not taking that

1 minute ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

#WrongBazza and no Radiohead?  Such defeatism.

It's only a slim chance of radiohead though! I'd take the guarantee of all those other bands over a chance of radiohead.

I've never been a gambler..

Just now, russycarps said:

It's only a slim chance of radiohead though! I'd take the guarantee of all those other bands over a chance of radiohead.

I've never been a gambler..

Nah, it's better than slim.

One of the main reasons why I think it will happen is...

A mate from work who did the 2004 and 2005 festivals was 100% coming with us this year. He is a massive radiohead fan. All he said was "the dream is, get a ticket and radiohead do it"...

He didn't register... now all the time at work has gone.

3/4 weeks ago.. "I know there is loads to do, but I can live wihout it"

Radiohead rumours start...

Him: "Fucking twats, typical, if they play, they can fuck off. I won't watch it on the telly"

He didn't take it well....

As long as Coldplay are on Sunday night I'll be happy with that.  Yeah the last couple of albums are shite but they'll put on a good show.  Last year I finished with the Chemicals and though it was a great set it wasn't a great slot for me, driving in the morning etc.  By Sunday I'm a lot more accepting of the cheesy stuff so I reckon Coldplay will be an OK way to finish.  Probably for the last time for me though.  Hoping for Radiohead as well.  Not bothered about Adele or Muse.  LCD/Radiohead/Coldplay would do me fine.  Or Sigur Ros.

6 hours ago, thatcrazypenguin said:

coldplay are as much a `rock band` as adele, they never were a rock band, simply playing a guitar does not make someone a rock artist thankfully or else jim corr would be considered a rock star haha.  rock music has energy and heavyness, nowhere in any of coldplays back catalog do I find that.

Amen penguin brother.

It's starting to resemble a giant radio 2 camping weekend for fucks sake. Roses and Radiohead booked and let the rest of them fight over the other spot. This is the only sane and rational way round the current tour dates.

Peace X 

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Radiohead have come and shook things up a little and i'd be more inclined to say they're the Friday headliner rather than Muse, but it seems to be definitely out of those 4

unless Muse have been snaffled by Reading/Leeds, it's very likely that Muse are playing, I think.

The more likely one to be missing is Adele.

Just now, eFestivals said:

unless Muse have been snaffled by Reading/Leeds, it's very likely that Muse are playing, I think.

The more likely one to be missing is Adele.

i know if a headliner has bailed then the organisers can't exactly be picky with who they book to replace them, but Muse, Radiohead, Coldplay just doesn't look right to me. the year of the house bands

8 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

i know if a headliner has bailed then the organisers can't exactly be picky with who they book to replace them, but Muse, Radiohead, Coldplay just doesn't look right to me. the year of the house bands

Indeed, you only need to throw in a Damon Albarn project and you have the full set :)

1 minute ago, brettredmayne said:

Unsure why people keep quoting radiohead as a house band. Not headlined since 2003.

Glastonbury was the first festival to give them their big break and have headlined twice before, so not exactly a house band, but definitely an act often associated with Glastonbury just like Coldplay and Muse