Pieminister

JoeyT

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a shame they won't be there, but I wasn't really a fan of their new location as it felt I would have to go out of my way to get one. Definitely better when they were next to Brothers bar.

This is an outrage :(, even more so than moving them away from the Brothers bar! By far the best pie stall on site, a real shame!

(I mean its no proper East End Pie and Mash but as other pies go....)

Maybe we should ask that guy who done the Kanye petition for tips?

better alternatives, i'd say. i've always felt disappointed and overpriced when I've bough pieminister.

if you're that bothered, drop by St Nicks Market in Bristol on your way to/from the fest ... but if you do, I bet you get tempted by the other stalls instead :P

Stopped by the other day. Wasn't that impressed to be honest. They'd ran out of 2 of the pies so had to settle for 3rd choice. Did get to wash it down with a pint from 'start the bus' though so wasn't a wasted trip.

Square Pie Company is delicious and they were all over last year, well, I saw them in two places, and ate one most days

They're fine, but had about 4 stalls. Would rather have the variety, and do prefer Pieminister. Although now you can buy them in Sainsburys it does take the edge of a bit.

There's a pieminister in shoreditch now, I did find it odd that a company of this size was at glastonbury. I'm glad they've been ditched. Dont want huge corporations at the festival.

And you can buy Brothers in the supermarket and everywhere now... but they're both companies that started at Glastonbury and other festivals and grew over time.

Sucking J spaceman off and now talking about cottaging!!!

You should be a politician.

hahahaha. Fucking hell. I could pretend the cottage industry was a subtle jokes about pies, but y'know, we both understand I'm not smart enough for that.

just had a look at their accounts. Revenue £7.5m, directors emoluments £170k....

I'd rather a small independent stall got the gig.

I'd happily see brothers ditched too, and have a local producer in their place.

Yeah I know what you mean but I'd much rather they remove all those "The Posh *insert food item here*" stalls that seemed to be everywhere around the main stages before these guys.

they are much smaller, they are exempt from filing their accounts.

But they should be cast out of the festival, just for having a shop in the nobhead-filled spitalfields market..

They were turning over 3.5 million in 2008 (source: http://www.thegrocer.co.uk/fmcg/spotlight-a-contract-with-ocado-may-be-about-to-put-the-square-pie-company-back-on-the-retail-map/126239.article)so they're not that much smaller.