Pieminister

JoeyT

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

shame as they are by far the best pies on site but when they moved to the main thoroughfare between pyramid and other it was never as good as when they were right next to the brothers bar as i dont find myself between pyramid and other too often.

it was so easy to just get a brothers and a pie and mash and have a nice sit down... those days are over!! :(

you do wonder just how much the fee is for a decent pitch.... on the one hand the festival has to pay its bills for all the wonderful acts they put on for us, but if that comes as a detriment to the punter in silly prices then where do you strike a balance?

to be honest the research probably shows that most punters will pay whatever the costs (for nice food) as many treat it as a holiday. Therefore I imagine the pitch price goes up relatively significantly every year.

you just need to shop around a bit for a good deal. Its sad though when an ever popular name is either denied their space or, more likely, thinks it isnt worth their time.

you do wonder just how much the fee is for a decent pitch.... on the one hand the festival has to pay its bills for all the wonderful acts they put on for us, but if that comes as a detriment to the punter in silly prices then where do you strike a balance?

to be honest the research probably shows that most punters will pay whatever the costs (for nice food) as many treat it as a holiday. Therefore I imagine the pitch price goes up relatively significantly every year.

you just need to shop around a bit for a good deal. Its sad though when an ever popular name is either denied their space or, more likely, thinks it isnt worth their time.

Thats the issue. The more the festival charge, the higher the stalls have to charge for food. Some of the new stalls look great - one or two behind the Pyramid on the way to the Peel Tent - but they were scandalously expensive.

I have a small catering stall at Glastonbury. I think you would be amazed at how much the pitch fees are there. Apparently, before my time, it was a licence to print money....believe me, those days are gone. Despite this it does compare favourably with some festivals, at which it almost impossible to make a profit if you make good quality food and not the awful cheap and nasty stuff some flog.