Spending Money at Glastonbury

Bisque

I know it's not much between you but it's the principle .. 10 English Pounds for a bag of frozen tap water?

No thank you - i'd rather drink them warm as part of my own personal protest! A horrible warm can is all part of the Glastonbury experience anyway!

My dad says that to us haha.

Not that big to be honest. Don't know they exact unit.

I remember Lovingtons Ice Cream selling it a few years ago near West Holt for £3 for a bag.

No idea where I bought it from last year, but it wasnt anywhere near that! I was hoping it was a sackfull! Might have to invest in a coleman I think

You can't recommend a budget to someone for Glastonbury, it depends how much of wreck head they are.

If it's on food alone, I would say 20 quid a day would cover meals and soft drinks.

I have always brought facilities to make breaky in morning, tea, bacon, bread and a stove and a pan. This has always made mornings, or should I say early afternoon a little more bearable.

On previous two trips my bro in law has brought his esky along, filled with frozen bottles of water and ice and a shed load of crates which definitely brings the booze bill down but only possible if you're coming in your own wheels.

I'm not sure if I am coming in my own wheels this year yet, so planning for travelling light, in case I have take public transport. So this means I'm probably not going to bother with stove and things and just make sure I don't camp too far away from a someone serving bacon sandwiches in the morning.

Been thinking about booze and I'm probably going with boxes of red wine but taking out of the boxes and just bringing the bags, along with vodka decanted in to plastic bottles, remember to decant them as glass isn't allowed on site. I like a drink and I recommend to anyone else who does that you bring a contingency of your own, it's handy for getting straight back on it in the morning instead of dealing with the hangover, whoof whoof.

Me and the GF always manage to take too little! Last time we tried to survive on around £50 a day, but ended up deeply regretting that decision. We take our own booze and snacks, but can't be arsed to keep treking back to the tent once the day wears on, and the Brothers tent looks increasingly more inviting.

Also I absolutely fucking loathe the cash point queues on a weekend day, they seem bloody endless. Did that once and never again!

This year we're looking at around £100 per day, 400-500 for the weekend, which then allows us to just relax and buy as much food and drink as we want and staves off the otherwise inevitable trip to the Hare Krishna tent for Sunday dinner...

As this is our summer holiday this year I don't think that's unreasonable between two.

Me and our lass have budgeted for a grand in spending money whilst we are there, although hope we will spend significantly less.

We have never done any festival before and see this as our summer holiday so want to enjoy it as much as possible. We do not plan on taking any food with us as we want to experience the variety of food on offer and we don't plan on taking booze as we would prefer to buy cold beers / cider. If we took red wine or spirits that would just be carnage for us.

However, after reading this thread hope we will not need this much and will just draw out from a cash machine what we need each day as not daft enough to take that much cash. We probably won't drink loads as want to remember it but also would like to do other stuff such as a massage, sauna workshops etc. also want some money to buy anything we like from the stalls.

we have also ust spent £30 on one of the custom painted charity bins, which I saw a link to from the forums. What a great idea.

Me and our lass have budgeted for a grand in spending money whilst we are there, although hope we will spend significantly less.

We have never done any festival before and see this as our summer holiday so want to enjoy it as much as possible. We do not plan on taking any food with us as we want to experience the variety of food on offer and we don't plan on taking booze as we would prefer to buy cold beers / cider. If we took red wine or spirits that would just be carnage for us.

However, after reading this thread hope we will not need this much and will just draw out from a cash machine what we need each day as not daft enough to take that much cash. We probably won't drink loads as want to remember it but also would like to do other stuff such as a massage, sauna workshops etc. also want some money to buy anything we like from the stalls.

we have also ust spent £30 on one of the custom painted charity bins, which I saw a link to from the forums. What a great idea.

Cash points are generally not that busy if you go during the day, not at peak times. I can always walk up to the ones near west holts without queueing while strolling by Edited by efcfanwirral

I usually bring my own beer... so can save a bit of money there - although if it's hot weather then buying a cold beer or two is definitely a welcome treat. I used to bring tins of food in the old days too, but given up on that now as it works out too heavy and I love trying all the different food stalls.

Last year we bought some pink champagne and lobster on one of the days... that was a very good day :)

10483987_10154325191555788_6305013328826

That's my mate Mingo in the background in the all terrain wheel chair! He's an absolute legend....Builds the chairs himself!

Spend a fair bit on food a smidge on cold treat drinks (beer, cocktails) but spend loads in tesco on the way on food and booze.

This year home brewing wine at £1 a bottle and some beer at £1 a litre should save me some more :-)

Last year I ran out of cash on Saturday night and payday wasn't until Monday so I had a bit of a tight Sunday... could afford a couple of pints and a meal until I was broke. I'd like to say that didn't spoil it but it did hamper my enjoyment somewhat. This year I'll be taking more than I could need, and as per last year, I'll be stashing it all in the lock-ups and withdrawing each morning.

Me and the GF always manage to take too little! Last time we tried to survive on around £50 a day, but ended up deeply regretting that decision. We take our own booze and snacks, but can't be arsed to keep treking back to the tent once the day wears on, and the Brothers tent looks increasingly more inviting.

Also I absolutely fucking loathe the cash point queues on a weekend day, they seem bloody endless. Did that once and never again!

This year we're looking at around £100 per day, 400-500 for the weekend, which then allows us to just relax and buy as much food and drink as we want and staves off the otherwise inevitable trip to the Hare Krishna tent for Sunday dinner...

As this is our summer holiday this year I don't think that's unreasonable between two.

As you take your own booze and snacks may I ask what on earth you spend £100 a day on?

Gonna take £150 for the Thursday to Sunday I think. I'll just use my own food and alcohol mostly with a pint here and there. Unfortunately, if it's hot my body and large amounts of alcohol don't mix very well at all and would end up ruining my whole weekend so will try and stay relatively sober if it's T shirt and shorts weather.

I'll be bringing as many cans as possible to try and keep costs low. But I do tend to find food you bring along is not enough to last on except for a quick lunch (and it's unlikely I'll be going back to the tent too often, if at all, during the day).

I imagine I'll keep £15 per day for food and £20 for booze. Otherwise I'm not bothered about purchasing anything else.