Secret resales 2015

Terence99

1 minute ago, Prophet6 said:

Morning everyone. Another day living on the edge.

Is anyone else randomly pressing the proceed button on their pre-filled reg form? Feels like entering a mini-lottery each time!

It would be wrong not to

10 minutes ago, Prophet6 said:

Is anyone else randomly pressing the proceed button on their pre-filled reg form? Feels like entering a mini-lottery each time!

I'm doing this! I think I'll fall off my chair if it actually proceeds

13 minutes ago, Prophet6 said:

I'm concerned that the pre-loaded reg form will return an error, and I'll then have to go back through the main page.  Every millisecond counts!!!!

6 minutes ago, Shiftyp9 said:

I'm concerned that the pre-loaded reg form will return an error, and I'll then have to go back through the main page.  Every millisecond counts!!!!

I'd say it's more likely the pre-filled form will work once the sale is activated. It's clearly hooked into the back-end purchasing system as it checks your reg numbers and then rejects with the 'not currently available' error.

Seems unlikely they'd have a different page/mechanism once the sale activates, but who knows!

7 minutes ago, Prophet6 said:

I'd say it's more likely the pre-filled form will work once the sale is activated. It's clearly hooked into the back-end purchasing system as it checks your reg numbers and then rejects with the 'not currently available' error.

Seems unlikely they'd have a different page/mechanism once the sale activates, but who knows!

Someone on this forum pointed out that it could be the case that you need some sort of token from the previous page in order to continue the ticket buying process. I know there are a few other ticket sites that do this.

Best case scenario: it works, you're one of the first that's in and get your tickets.
Worst case scenario: it doesn't work, going back to the main page and getting back to the form takes too much time and you miss out on tickets.

It's all a gamble in the end! :)

4 minutes ago, moheetoes said:

Aaaargh, bloody windows updates have taken over my laptop for the last hour - now relying on phone - it's a sign.....

Yep always going to happen at the most inconvenient time. You folks using laptops need to disable automatic updates.

4 minutes ago, Robinn said:

Someone on this forum pointed out that it could be the case that you need some sort of token from the previous page in order to continue the ticket buying process. I know there are a few other ticket sites that do this.

Best case scenario: it works, you're one of the first that's in and get your tickets.
Worst case scenario: it doesn't work, going back to the main page and getting back to the form takes too much time and you miss out on tickets.

That happened to me last year. Be warned, trying really really hard is good, but sometimes trying too hard just ends up in you going arse over tit.

6 minutes ago, Robinn said:

Yep, hard to say exactly how it works.

Worth a shot though I reckon.

5 minutes ago, smudger said:

That happened to me last year. Be warned, trying really really hard is good, but sometimes trying too hard just ends up in you going arse over tit.

What kind of response time is needed then?! Surely it would only take a second or two to see that the page doesn't load... is this the margins we are talking? 

Edited by gibble
I'm stupid and missed a word out

5 minutes ago, gibble said:

What kind of response time is needed then?! Surely it would only take a second or two to see that the page doesn't load... is this the margins we are talking? 

Yeah, it's likely that every second will count.