2015: the bands you're most looking forward to seeing (a rolling thread!)

WM Hall

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a UKIP clashfinder then.

Ouch! :(

Yeah, it is my clashfinder and was really just a way to get me to look at the line-up in a different light. Though there is some educated guesswork judging from band's tour-dates and the like. Of course I'll update it with the actual day splits when they're out!

Anyway, my ten are -

Tame Impala

Sleaford Mods

Sufjan Stevens

Joanna Gruesome

Euro Childs

Mac DeMarco

Alvvays

Django Django

Saint Etienne

This is the Kit

Cracking line-up this year! Is there any idea at all when the next announcement will come?

Edited by teamcampesinos!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't think Joanna Gruesome are playing now. They announced yesterday that Alanna is leaving the band as she continues to struggle with mental health issues. 2 new singers have joined the band and they've listed autumn tour dates but EOTR is not included.

• 1 month later...

Have just gone through the spotify list to see if there were any hidden gems as there normally are, but nothing that jumps out that much.  I bought tickets to see Sufjan (and will be seeing him in Edinburgh and London beforehand) so here's hoping he's enough for me!  He's definitely the only completely essential artist for me this time.  Would have loved a lot more Scandinavian sounds and less country/jangly guitar stuffs...

/moan over.

Anyhow, at least it's a nice festival despite that.  Other bands I will quite like to watch:

Happyness

Maricka Hackman

Human Pyramids

Giant Sand

Diagrams

Samn Amidon

Torres

This Is The Kit

Jacco Gardner

Love that Ryley Walker album. There's a lot of John Martyn in thrre, probably too much if i'm honest, but if the weather is good at eotr, could fit perfectly.

Also enjoying that Frazey Ford stuff. 'Done' is a cracker of a choooon.

My morning jacket are creeping up my list . The new album has grown on me more and more. Nothing particularly original about it. Not there most creative. But just very good songs. Well written. And they are fantastic live. I have to say I'm really looking forward to seeing them.

Edited by wolfamongwolves

Girlpool - Ex Hex - My Morning Jacket - Sufjan Stevens - Sleaford Mods is going to be a cracking end to Saturday.

@ljswayer I think I'll be following you to see that lot. Not stalking, I promise. I might need to slip off to the Garden Stage to see the start of Saint Etienne. They're playing the Foxbase Alpha album, which has a storming beginning but goes downhill.

My schedule will probably be something like this, clashes permitting of course:

Friday:

Ryley Walker

Juan Wauters

Fumaca Preta

Nadine Shah

Ought

Natalie Prass

Fuzz

Low

(so basically, almost the whole day on the Garden Stage)

Saturday:

Hooton Tennis Club

Madisen Ward & The Mama Bear

Peter Matthew Bauer

Flo Morrissey

Girlpool

Ex Hex

My Morning Jacket

Sufjan Stevens

Sleaford Mods

Sunday:

The Black Tambourines

Kevin Morby

The Delines

Sonny & The Sunsets

Wand

Mac DeMarco

War On Drugs

• 3 weeks later...

55 years old. Never been to a festival although I live within walking distance of Reading Festival and my (adult!) kids go. Was looking for Dawes tour info and came across EOTR festival. The more I read about it the more I fancied going. Dragging my husband along - it's our 30th wedding anniversary.

Anyway - really looking forward to

Dawes

Andrew Combs

Natalie Prass

Delines

the War on Drugs

Also just looking forward to hearing new stuff. Tricked my husband into agreeing to come (after a few drinks on holiday). He'd changed his mind in the morning - too late - I'd bought the tickets! He has been listening to EOTR playlist on Spotify and seems to be looking forward to it now!

55 years old. Never been to a festival although I live within walking distance of Reading Festival and my (adult!) kids go. Was looking for Dawes tour info and came across EOTR festival. The more I read about it the more I fancied going. Dragging my husband along - it's our 30th wedding anniversary.

Anyway - really looking forward to

Dawes

Andrew Combs

Natalie Prass

Delines

the War on Drugs

Also just looking forward to hearing new stuff. Tricked my husband into agreeing to come (after a few drinks on holiday). He'd changed his mind in the morning - too late - I'd bought the tickets! He has been listening to EOTR playlist on Spotify and seems to be looking forward to it now!

You will love it. I have been taking my mom since 2007. She is 70. I had a year off from eotr last year and went to the green man. She was not a happy bunny. Mom still talks about seeing explosions in the sky at eotr.