2015: the bands you're most looking forward to seeing (a rolling thread!)

WM Hall

This will be my sixth EOTR and this is almost certainly the line-up with the least amount of bands I've actually heard of! I'm a huge fan of Sufjan so he's the main draw for me but I'm also pretty excited about Future Islands, Alvvays, The War on Drugs and Django Django. There are some comedians I'd like to see too but the rest of the weekend is a bit of a blank canvas...

The Spotify playlist has piqued my interest in Madisen Ward & the Mama Bear, Human Pyramids, Mac DeMarco, Marika Hackman and Natalie Prass. Any other recommendations for bands on the Garden Stage? I came to the first three EOTRs so was a little shocked when I returned a couple of years ago to discover it was no longer the main stage! It's such a lovely area so I'd like to spend as much time there as possible during the day seeing as all the main bands I want to see in the evening are on the Woods Stage.

I quite like what I've heard of Torres. Sort of P.J Harvey vibe going on.

Delines are great (Willie Vlautin form Richmond Fontaine?)  But like you, bit of a blank canvas with a lot of it, which i don't mind really, usually end up a new fave band. I just hope it's not loads of bands that go, whoa oh oh whoa whoa, ah ah ah ah whoa whoa' every chorus.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I quite like what I've heard of Torres. Sort of P.J Harvey vibe going on.

Delines are great (Willie Vlautin form Richmond Fontaine?)  But like you, bit of a blank canvas with a lot of it, which i don't mind really, usually end up a new fave band. I just hope it's not loads of bands that go, whoa oh oh whoa whoa, ah ah ah ah whoa whoa' every chorus.

Haha. I think it was 2009 when every other band seemed to be a man with a beard and an acoustic guitar singing "whoa" a lot and shouting "hey!" occasionally. Glad things have become a bit more diverse.

Thanks for the suggestions, will check them out tonight.

A late entrant to "must see" category... The Vryll Society. I just happened upon this amazing track. Gentle intro becomes Indie/psych/krautrock. What's not to like? First thing on Sunday not the ideal slot for this it seems.

100% with you on The Vryll Society. Very high on my 'must see' list.  Hope they don't clash with Houndstooth, who are also high on that list.

Still listening to new bands on the playlist but at the moment:

Friday:

Ryley Walker, Crushed Beaks, Aero Flynn, Fumaca Preta, Ought,

Diagrams, Low, East India Youth - Friday is a great day!

Saturday:

The Duke Spirit, Madisen Ward and the Mama Bear, Ex Hex,

St Etienne - not such a good day so far

Sunday:

Kevin Moorby, ultimate Painting, This is the Kit, Happyness,

Dawes, Futures Islands and Brakes.