Kanye west confirmed

mike99

No Winslow, he's not a credible headliner because he just shouldn't be a headliner, for Glasto at least. I'm not saying he shouldn't be booked at all but as a headliner, no. I think GF are pushing the boundaries in the wrong direction. If every mainstream hiphop artist is a headliner for the next god knows how many years then that's shite. And don't forget I love hiphop, just not for an end of the night climax, so to speak!

2 in 6 festivals isn't exactly a tidal wave is it, nor points to an actual trend? Given how big it has been for the last ten years, 2 headliners is in fact a pretty bad representation

This is literally the same bullshit that got wheeled out when Jay Z was announced

Edited by Alcatraz

(but by God, that Zane Lowe is a tool)

Oh come on man. He's left Radio 1. He's left the UK. Can we agree to never mention this guys name again, and speed up his fade into the obscurity he'll experience as a line worker in an iPhone factory

Edited by Alcatraz

I'm 45 years old, been to many many Glastos and seen various different changes of fashion and headliners and I can honestly say I think Kanye West is going to be a big fail. I'm a fan of all music and I'm a big hiphop fan of past and present, even Jay z was a decent booking but Kanye....just wrong place wrong time. I realise GF has to "keep up with the kids" and all that but I reckon this is a wrongun. He isn't headliner material whether "headliner" status is defined by huge or upcoming musicians.

To throw one out there.....maybe Future Islands could have had the same slot?

I'm 52. I've seen a few Glastos.

You cannot be serious. By any possible measure KW is headline material. Future Islands are not.

I like both, but really....

Could the booking of kanye be a deliberate ploy by gf to prevent the festival being hijacked by Chris Evans to become Carfest Southwest.

Last year his Radio 2 listners were anticipating cosying down to Fleetwood Mac, instead they had Metallica. This year, again hoping for Fleetwood Mac, it will be Kanye.

Good to see that the initial Facebook announcement is still receiving such intelligent, rational responses. This is one of my absolute favourites from today:

'I thought Emily Eavis's comments in the Guardian were utter rubbish.This is them pressured by the BBC to try and change the racial demographic of the festival it is currently majority white middle class, this does not suit the PC BBC who have far too much influence. I think the televising of the event should be taken off them. I have tickets but will not be at the Pyramid stage on the Sat evening. It's s total waste of the slot.'

Really, I can't believe we've all been so deluded in thinking acts are booked based on artistic merit, popularity, etc. This changes my whole perspective...

Good to see that the initial Facebook announcement is still receiving such intelligent, rational responses. This is one of my absolute favourites from today:

'I thought Emily Eavis's comments in the Guardian were utter rubbish.This is them pressured by the BBC to try and change the racial demographic of the festival it is currently majority white middle class, this does not suit the PC BBC who have far too much influence. I think the televising of the event should be taken off them. I have tickets but will not be at the Pyramid stage on the Sat evening. It's s total waste of the slot.'

Really, I can't believe we've all been so deluded in thinking acts are booked based on artistic merit, popularity, etc. This changes my whole perspective...

Some people are so angry they really need to try and calm down and try and enjoy themselves. I would like to hear who these people would like to have in the headline slot who would be so much better than Kanye that they might deem it worthy enough to grace the Pyramid field with their presence...

Find it quite sad that there are genuinely people as close minded as this at Glastonbury.

Some people are so angry they really need to try and calm down and try and enjoy themselves. I would like to hear who these people would like to have in the headline slot who would be so much better than Kanye that they might deem it worthy enough to grace the Pyramid field with their presence...

There are a fair few acts who would be much better than Kanye, come off it...

Are you really saying Kanye west is the pinnacle of music??

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

There are acts that are better than Kanye, but there are plenty of way worse ones that have headlined the Pyramid. Including on the night before.

100% agree with you.

But in leaping to the festivals defence people seem to be suggesting he's the greatest act in the world, which is clearly nonsense.

He'll come and go and his set will be forgotten in couple of months

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

There are a fair few acts who would be much better than Kanye, come off it...

Are you really saying Kanye west is the pinnacle of music??

No, not saying that Kanye is the best choice for headlining what I meant is that there are a lot of people who are saying that he is a terrible choice for headlining/going to ruin the festival etc but I would be genuinely interested to see who these people would like to see instead in terms of the type of music they prefer.

No, not saying that Kanye is the best choice for headlining what I meant is that there are a lot of people who are saying that he is a terrible choice for headlining/going to ruin the festival etc but I would be genuinely interested to see who these people would like to see instead in terms of the type of music they prefer.

The Killers, Kasabian, Kings of Leon. Subbed by Razorlight, Pigeon Detectives, The Enemy of course

• Upvote 3

Fair dos. I think the guy who started the petition wants green day to headline. Which sums that fellow up really

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think people enjoy moaning and Kayne is an easy target. I managed to get free tickets to WTT tour and thought Kayne was brilliant! I will be watching depending on clashes, which is the same for any headliner! I think we have just been spoilt by the Rolling Stones and have high levels of expectation.

That Neil guy is a tool.