Blur?

wozwebs

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For real?

Yeah - Why not?

If they don't play this year after the new album and having the Hyde Park show, then I'm pretty sure they'll never play Glastonbury again as a full band.

I can't see this comeback lasting much further past this album and a few shows, so if they aren't asked to headline then I'm sure they would love the chance to play anywhere whilst they're riding the crest of the wave, so to speak.

If they don't headline the Sunday then I can most certainly see them opening The Other Stage on Friday

not a chance.

imagine it - word will be out in plenty of time, loads of people will be there to see them, they'd be up against little to no competition..

there's just no way a band with the appeal of Blur would be on in that slot. the crowds would be dangerously huge.

not a chance.

imagine it - word will be out in plenty of time, loads of people will be there to see them, they'd be up against little to no competition..

there's just no way a band with the appeal of Blur would be on in that slot. the crowds would be dangerously huge.

Suppose you're right .. It's just wishful thinking as I really want them to be there!!!! I wasn't too fussed about seeing them again but the new album has wet my appetite .. If the sound wasn't terrible there - I'd even have got a ticket for me and the misses for the Hyde Park show!

Suppose you're right .. It's just wishful thinking as I really want them to be there!!!! I wasn't too fussed about seeing them again but the new album has wet my appetite .. If the sound wasn't terrible there - I'd even have got a ticket for me and the misses for the Hyde Park show!

well i'm useless at predictions but i suppose they are the current best guess for headlining so you may be fine.

i just can't see why the recent tradition - if it can be called that - of a friday other opener would be any different to the middling indie band kind of thing of the last two years. really big acts tend to be up against other big acts for health and safety reasons as much as anything.

well i'm useless at predictions but i suppose they are the current best guess for headlining so you may be fine.

i just can't see why the recent tradition - if it can be called that - of a friday other opener would be any different to the middling indie band kind of thing of the last two years. really big acts tend to be up against other big acts for health and safety reasons as much as anything.

I really need to stop getting excited about the 11am slot.

The disappointment when I saw that Kaisers banner will long live with me.

I really need to stop getting excited about the 11am slot.

The disappointment when I saw that Kaisers banner will long live with me.

at least the Kaisers actually were there... you weren't up at the Park stage after it closed early on the sunday waiting for Daft Punk or something were you?

Still think Go Out was an unusual choice of a comeback single .. Not a bad song but wouldn't personally put it in the top 5 or 6 on the album. Saying that I don't think the video does it any favours!

I Broadcast or Ong Ong would have been a much better choice.

Almost a week of listening to it now and it's getting better each listen. So impressed with it!

Still think Go Out was an unusual choice of a comeback single .. Not a bad song but wouldn't personally put it in the top 5 or 6 on the album. Saying that I don't think the video does it any favours!

I Broadcast or Ong Ong would have been a much better choice.

Almost a week of listening to it now and it's getting better each listen. So impressed with it!

Ong Ong is the best for me.

I'd expect the following to make it into the summer set lists:

Lonesome Street

Go Out

I Broadcast (potential opener)

There Are Too Many of Us

Pyongyang

Ong Ong (just before Universal to close)

Last few sets have been heavy on Parklife & MLIR album tracks (Tracey Jacks, Badhead, Oily Water, etc). I'd expect them to be sacrificed.

I'd expect the following to make it into the summer set lists:

Lonesome Street

Go Out

I Broadcast (potential opener)

There Are Too Many of Us

Pyongyang

Ong Ong (just before Universal to close)

Last few sets have been heavy on Parklife & MLIR album tracks (Tracey Jacks, Badhead, Oily Water, etc). I'd expect them to be sacrificed.

Actually, assuming a 18-20 song set. Those six new ones, 8-9 big crowd pleasers:

Girls & Boys

Parklife

There's No Other Way

Beetlebum

Song 2

Tender

Out of Time

The Universal

And 4/5 fan favourites:

Sing

This Is A Low

Caramel

For Timorrow

And I'd say you've got a hell of a set list.