Weather thread 2015

Swine_Glasto2014

Thank you all so much everyone who has posted those excellent updates, graphs etc. I'm heading off in an hour and now have a very good idea on what the weather will be doing, so cheers and have a great festival everyone :)

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the 00Z update then, my penultimate one!

WHAT AN UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope there's people reading this in the queue!

No no rain until Sunday - bar the possibility of literally a handful of drops on Friday afternoon. And Sunday's rain is much less threatening. Temps also a tad higher on Saturday and Sunday.
If we can get that rain even better and add a couple of degrees to Sunday it will be such a result.

Weds: No rain, max temp stable at 21, pressure stable.

Thurs: No rain, max temp stable at 22, pressure stable.

Fri: No rain of any consequence! Literally some drizzle at some point between 3pm and 9pm but it is definitely INCONSEQUENTIAL! Max temps stable at 23, pressure a little higher than earlier.

Sat: No rain. Max temps a degree higher at 21, pressure a little higher than earlier.

Sun: Light showers hitting early morning and hanging around until about 7pm. But there is very little to them. The threat of the heavy rain has pushed further north to Scotland and north of Scotland. Still something more hitting Wales but nothing like in the last run.  Max temp up a degree to 17 (keep going), pressure a little higher than earlier.

Edited by briddj

briddj - what about Met Office? Why do they disagree so much on rainfall?

Might be useful next year comparing what we actually get with the two models at this point.

Thanks BTW, great updates. :)

Happy Glastonbury everyone. I'm not going until Friday this year due to children related stuff. Going to be hell for the next 48 hours.

I'll argue with myself on here.

Want me to post updates for those onsite?

Here's the 00Z update then, my penultimate one!

WHAT AN UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope there's people reading this in the queue!

No no rain until Sunday - bar the possibility of literally a handful of drops on Friday afternoon. And Sunday's rain is much less threatening. Temps also a tad higher on Saturday and Sunday.

If we can get that rain even better and add a couple of degrees to Sunday it will be such a result.

Weds: No rain, max temp stable at 21, pressure stable.

Thurs: No rain, max temp stable at 22, pressure stable.

Fri: No rain of any consequence! Literally some drizzle at some point between 3pm and 9pm but it is definitely INCONSEQUENTIAL! Max temps stable at 23, pressure a little higher than earlier.

Sat: No rain. Max temps a degree higher at 21, pressure a little higher than earlier.

Sun: Light showers hitting early morning and hanging around until about 7pm. But there is very little to them. The threat of the heavy rain has pushed further north to Scotland and north of Scotland. Still something more hitting Wales but nothing like in the last run.  Max temp up a degree to 17 (keep going), pressure a little higher than earlier.

Have my fucking babies

briddj - what about Met Office? Why do they disagree so much on rainfall?

Might be useful next year comparing what we actually get with the two models at this point.

Thanks BTW, great updates. :)

Happy Glastonbury everyone. I'm not going until Friday this year due to children related stuff. Going to be hell for the next 48 hours.

I'll argue with myself on here.

Want me to post updates for those onsite?

Also not going until Friday for childcare reasons. Am lucky parents will babysit at all though so can't really complain. Roll on Friday. So happy the weather is improving!

Many many thanks briddj & devonhammer & pedmills and all the others who have kept us up (and down) to date with the prospects, absolutely stunning work. And to Nal to keep us from getting too optimistic too early (can't have that).

And you leave us on a total high!! Hope to bump into you guys over the next amazing days and pass on my gratitude.

Cheers all! See yous on t'other side.

I know hardly anyone is left around here, but for those that are:

I'm ignoring the GFS runs now because the European forecasts are more accurate.

Netweather look at all available data and have showers on Friday night and proper rain on Sunday.

Met Office has heavy rain on Friday and Sunday.

ECMWF doesn't look good on Saturday

yr.no has light rain on Sunday

So we really want the Norwegian met office (yr.no) to be right. There is a low just West of Ireland and it's all about how close it comes. It's still all to play for, but I'd say we're not looking at a mudbath and we're not looking at a dustbowl. Pack wellies and suncream

I like the way they fail to mention the 2 hot, dry days (Wednesday and Thursday)

I don't think the average person really knows/cares about the Wednesday/Thursday. A lot of people I have spoken to weren't aware the festival started on Wednesday.