Weather thread 2015

Swine_Glasto2014

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fri: Little rain is back, which fits with other models. Rain coming in around 2pm until around 8pm but only light stuff and no real threat of anything heavier. Nothing at all to be concerned by. Max temps have gone up another degree to a humid 24, pressure stable.

Here's the 06Z update then, my final one!

Showers back on Friday, but that was expected really. Very light stuff and still looking good, plus it's got warmer that day.
Saturday is now consistent with the previous run.
Sunday is wetter on this run but the 06Z run has been consistently more pessimistic than the others. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

Weds: No rain, max temp stable at 21, pressure stable.

Thurs: No rain, max temp stable at 22, pressure stable.

Fri: Little rain is back, which fits with other models. Rain coming in around 2pm until around 8pm but only light stuff and no real threat of anything heavier. Nothing at all to be concerned by. Max temps have gone up another degree to a humid 24, pressure stable.

Sat: No rain. Max temps stable at 21, pressure stable.

Sun: Rain hitting earlier in this run, around 1am and that will be persistent. Chance of it a little heavier than a shower around 9am. Then continuing with persistent light rain until around 7.30pm. The much heavier rain is hitting Ireland and the north west of England so a bit of a buffer. Max temp stable at 17 (not good enough!), pressure stable.

And that's it from me!

Thank so much Briddj, Devonhammer, pedmills and all who have provided the excellent info graphs and charts for their sterling work  I am popping in from NFR NFC, glad that we have all been able to work together this year to a (hopefully) great result, have an amazing festival everyone and enjoy the sunshine :beach:   See you on the farm x

I'm heading off now as well. Thanks everyone. It's always a rollercoaster, but I've never known so much uncertainty at the last minute.

There's three camps:

Met Office: some heavy rain, but not mudbath.

ECMWF and GFS: showers

yr.no: no rain at all

Will be interesting to see who gets it right

Thanks again to everyone here for the information and many laughs over the past few weeks.

DevonHammer, despite Sundays forecast I still think it justifies the Bobby Moore world cup image you promised us earlier.

Will be following you down the North Devon link road in a few hours!

New BBC video forecast (put up at 1pm):

"Friday likely to see a change in the weather with rain coming in"....

"...a band of rain edging across, heavier for a time (waves at Scotland at this point but not clear what she means)"

"Fine and dry weather behind it for Saturday."

Just need BBC / Met Office to stop using the word heavy!

Edited by Glasto Weatherwatch

Latest GFS for those interested / still reading (bearing in mind this is less accurate now):

Thursday as was

Friday rain starting about 1pm, clear by 7-8pm. Couple of mms at worst. 20 degrees.

Sat dry, 21/22.

Sun light rain, heavier rain skirting to North through Wales. Still minor amounts. 20/21/22 degrees.

BBC / Met Office still showing mix of light rain and heavy showers through Friday.

So basically disagreement as to how much the rain breaks up when the front sweeps across on Friday.