Red Hot Chilli Peppers // Imagine Dragons // Courteeners

Two Door Cinema Club

Saturday:

Foals // Disclosure // The 1975

Bloc Party

Sunday:

Biffy Clyro // Fall Out Boy // Catfish & The Bottlemen

Jack U

Think that'll end up close to the final thing? Not really sure on the 3rd spot for Friday/Sunday.

Would Catfish really play that high? Also why is everyone convinced Bloc Party will be NME headliners? Could they not play mainstage?

1 minute ago, CRW5252 said:

Would Catfish really play that high? Also why is everyone convinced Bloc Party will be NME headliners? Could they not play mainstage?

they could but 4th down for Bloc Party doesn't look good for them nor FR. NME headline is good for both. Lovely alternative to either RHCP or Biffy. But i would be surprised with someone with such a cult following to be across from Foals+Disclosure.

Also Foals originally supported Bloc Party, they defo have the same following.

4 minutes ago, CRW5252 said:

The info that RHCP, The 1975, Foals/Disclosure and Imagine Dragons would be playing also said Bloc Party headlining NME and Crystal Castles on NME too.

52 minutes ago, mttJ said:

Friday:

Red Hot Chilli Peppers // Imagine Dragons // Courteeners

Two Door Cinema Club

Saturday:

Foals // Disclosure // The 1975

Bloc Party

Sunday:

Biffy Clyro // Fall Out Boy // Catfish & The Bottlemen

Jack U

Think that'll end up close to the final thing? Not really sure on the 3rd spot for Friday/Sunday.

Prediction blocks are best off in the other thread but yeah, that's pretty much what we're looking at. I think Catfish will skip this year to do smaller festivals as they are doing. TDCC on main and maybe someone ahead of Courteeners but thereabouts.

Frank Turner and the Sleeping Souls would be a safe bet from acts not actually announced yet that could play one of the slots you've covered. I reckon NME headline but could be main.

1 hour ago, DirtyChorizo said:

never understood why they didn't let queens headline on their own that year

Because Paramore are bigger.

4 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

Catfish will be open air wherever they play this year.

The only difference there may be at Glasto, they could headline JP tent there given how many other things will be going on.....but I wouldn't be surprised if they got a mid Pyramid spot either.

2 minutes ago, CRW5252 said:

Why do festivals have secret sets? Surely just announcing the secret set band beforehand will help sell tickets. 

The idea of a secret set sells tickets. Everyone wants to be their, discover the secret,  and without saying who it is people will be convinced it's this band or that and will help push them to buy a ticket 

Who is everyone expecting for NME headliners and subs? Out of the announced acts, I'm assuming that Jack Ü are one of the headliners, and that Crystal Castles are one of the subs. I'm also expecting Bloc Party to be a headliner too like the info stated (like Dental has mentioned). I'm going for: 

Jack Ü / Boy Better Know 

A Day To Remember / Sleeping With Sirens 

Bloc Party / Crystal Castles

Edited by Andre91

4 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Who is everyone expecting for NME headliners and subs? Out of the announced acts, I'm assuming that Jack Ü are one of the headliners, and that Crystal Castles are one of the subs. I'm also expecting Bloc Party to be a headliner too like the info stated (like Dental has mentioned). I'm going for: 

Jack Ü / Boy Better Know 

A Day To Remember / Sleeping With Sirens 

Bloc Party / Crystal Castles

I'd say

Jack u subbed by BBK

Bloc Party/ Bullet for my valentine subbed by slaves

Chvrches subbed by Twenty One Pilots 

5 minutes ago, CRW5252 said:

No, of course it wouldn't. I'm saying they should just add them as another act. I believe the festival would sell more tickets that way.

It gets around exclusive agreements with other festivals.

It's good for the band to get a pay day, it's good for the festival for promotion and it's good for the punters getting surprise big acts.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

They can't just have these bands playing announced slots in small slots. Plus the secrecy might work better for the act.

They don't have to play small slots. I can see why festivals like glastonbury do it as they sell out regardless but for R/L it seems silly. If Weezer are announced it will substantially increase my chance of getting a weekend ticket. If they aren't and there's just a rumour they will do a secret set I probably won't get a ticket. This can be applied to any band of course. Green Day in 2012 pops in my mind. Would have sold loads of tickets.

Just now, kev1664 said:

It gets around exclusive agreements with other festivals.

It's good for the band to get a pay day, it's good for the festival for promotion and it's good for the punters getting surprise big acts.

I didn't realise about the exclusivity issue. I can see why that would make a secret set a good option for the festival.

Some guy told me TDCC were headlining last year, thought I mis-heard him and he meant sub-headlining the main stage but now I'm assuming he meant the NME tent as that's where we were at the time. May have been trying to act like he knew what was going on but he seemed fairly confident it was already booked.

38 minutes ago, kev1664 said:

I'd say

Jack u subbed by BBK

Bloc Party/ Bullet for my valentine subbed by slaves

Chvrches subbed by Twenty One Pilots 

The only change from them headers I see is The Vaccines as Chvrches could play in main. Crystal Castles also need a sub spot I'd imagine which I doubt Slaves will get and possibly not BBK either.

19 minutes ago, mttJ said:

Some guy told me TDCC were headlining last year, thought I mis-heard him and he meant sub-headlining the main stage but now I'm assuming he meant the NME tent as that's where we were at the time. May have been trying to act like he knew what was going on but he seemed fairly confident it was already booked.

Although ^, if TDCC are right for 3rd on main then they could headline NME.

3 minutes ago, DirtyChorizo said:

I was hoping for slaves on early main but it seems most people think they'll be high on NME

Slaves in the tent would be so much better than on a huge outdoor stage. More likely to clash with someone good, yeah, but hopefully it'll be with Disclosure.

1 minute ago, Odessa said:

Slaves in the tent would be so much better than on a huge outdoor stage. More likely to clash with someone good, yeah, but hopefully it'll be with Disclosure.

that would be nice timing if it didn't mean i wouldn't get a shit spot for foals unfortunately. Reading in my experience, you have to get to the main stage by fourth down at least to get a good view.

1 minute ago, DirtyChorizo said:

that would be nice timing if it didn't mean i wouldn't get a shit spot for foals unfortunately. Reading in my experience, you have to get to the main stage by fourth down at least to get a good view.

I go to Leeds so it could be different, but last year I found it pretty easy to get good spots at the main stage without having to hang around for ages. We were about 4 rows from the front and just to the right of the stage for Kendrick without being close at all for Jamie T. Same again for Mumford, we were just chilled out near the back for Alt-J and then made it really close and central for Mumford, I reckon you could get a good spot for Foals without seeing Disclosure, unless the Reading crowd is vastly different to that of Leeds