Lineup 2016

Matt42

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Asdaprice said:

Bestival no doubt gets huge names in, maybe 1 a year, but they're by the looks of things not current mainstream bands/artists. The Cure aren't current and mainstream, but obviously Reading still occasionally likes to get old school giants in. Thats not the argument though, its about the smaller bands.

Like Beck, Outkast, Stevie Wonder, New Order, The Cure, Bjork?

1 minute ago, DirtyChorizo said:

in all fairness i would not class victorious as a major fest, i think it got 8,000 last year, still a fucking great festival though (and about half a mile from where I live)

OK fine its major!! I'm happy with the new headliners anyway I was just backing up the newbies point about the debatable size of the new headliners and can understand where she is coming from

I feel obliged to say that foals have headlined bestival before, 

3 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

Try 120,000... 

no way... I was told 8,000-10,000 last year, but i could be wrong, it definitely didn't seem at all that big, surely they would have camping if it was that big no? where did you get those number from may I ask?

1 minute ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Seen it before. I'd imagine at Reading now it'd be a field mostly filled with people who know Killing in the name and that's about it.

well your a lucky bastard. a lot of people learn the words to the song of the headliner when they're announced to be fair. I reckon they'd still get a mental crowd, loads of people at my college know who they are and half are fans.

1 minute ago, DirtyChorizo said:

well your a lucky bastard. a lot of people learn the words to the song of the headliner when they're announced to be fair. I reckon they'd still get a mental crowd, loads of people at my college know who they are and half are fans.

I'm sure you'd still get a decent crowd because they're the sort of band that'd shift a lot of day tickets but I can't imagine it'd touch the crowd of years past.

Just now, oli98 said:

Is it likely for Biff to play just as long as set as 2013 (or longer) despite Co-headlining? I'd be pretty devastated if they shaved half an hour off their performance for the sake of fall out boy playing longer

apparently they give co-headliners 75 minutes give or take

Friday:

Red Hot Chilli Peppers // Imagine Dragons // Courteeners

Two Door Cinema Club

Saturday:

Foals // Disclosure // The 1975

Bloc Party

Sunday:

Biffy Clyro // Fall Out Boy // Catfish & The Bottlemen

Jack U

Think that'll end up close to the final thing? Not really sure on the 3rd spot for Friday/Sunday.

1 minute ago, mttJ said:

Friday:

Red Hot Chilli Peppers // Imagine Dragons // Courteeners

Two Door Cinema Club

Saturday:

Foals // Disclosure // The 1975

Bloc Party

Sunday:

Biffy Clyro // Fall Out Boy // Catfish & The Bottlemen

Jack U

Think that'll end up close to the final thing? Not really sure on the 3rd spot for Friday/Sunday.

still not convinced about biffy headlining and Jack U will probably headline NME but the rest looks good, maybe have the vaccines in there somewhere

2 hours ago, Paris said:

Does a live performance really justify a headliner? There are many bands that put on a brilliant live show like Babymetal, Marilyn Manson etc. But does that mean that they should headline the festival?

A brilliant live show, popular hits, a good setlist. It's all vital for headline acts. Foals have been climbing up Reading for the past 10 years, this is their chance and they fully deserve it.