2015 releases you're looking forward to

Amy Lawn

For Sufjan: Illinois, Seven Swans, Michigan are yer 3 closest to C&L. Illinois is the best of the three but the other two are still 9+/10 albums. You're gonna have a swell time. Age of Adz is quite different if you fancy branching out.

Illinois!

Seven Swans is a corker too though

For Sufjan: Illinois, Seven Swans, Michigan are yer 3 closest to C&L. Illinois is the best of the three but the other two are still 9+/10 albums. You're gonna have a swell time. Age of Adz is quite different if you fancy branching out.

Cheers guys.

Very_Best_of_Bee_Gees_Album_Cover.jpg

After the obvious ones, this one probably has the most staying power:

220px-Cucumber_Castle.jpg

CHEERS GUYS!!!

200.gif

Just watched Modest Mouse for the first ever time, they were unbelievable. Seriously, I reached levels of joy and wonderment, it was like going to my first ever gig all over again, that sort of feeling. Thought you all should know.

Where?  Missed them at GF (got sidetracked by Marcus Brigstocke's Policy Unit I think) but wouldn't mind catching them

Dublin but they're playing all over the place

I find the production on the album a bit glossy and sanitised for my tastes, but hopefully they'll be a bit rawer in the flesh.

Hence why they've been promoted as heavily I would argue. Johnny Payola has no time for the Junior Kimbrough type filthy sounding production.

Edited by The Nal

Also when it comes to individual songs, I really don't know if I'll hear a more well written song than Depreston by Courtney Barnett all year.

Absolutely.

My top 11 in reverse alphabetical order because it's midyear and ranking is too hard:

Unknown Mortal Orchestra - Multi-Love

Tobias Jesso Jr. - Goon

Tame Impala - Currents

Natalie Prass - Natalie Prass

Girlpool - Before the World Was Big

FFS - FFS

Ezra Furman - Perpetual Motion People

Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp a Butterfly

Courtney Barnett - Sometime I Sit and Think, and Sometimes I Just Sit

Chastity Belt - Time to Go Home

All We Are - All We Are

I'm speakerless at the moment but I'll have a listen through some of these lists when I get a chance.

Edited by Bradders

Absolutely.

My top 11 in reverse alphabetical order because it's midyear and ranking is too hard:

Unknown Mortal Orchestra - Multi-Love

Tobias Jesso Jr. - Goon

Tame Impala - Currents

Natalie Prass - Natalie Prass

Girlpool - Before the World Was Big

FFS - FFS

Ezra Furman - Perpetual Motion People

Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp a Butterfly

Courtney Barnett - Sometime I Sit and Think, and Sometimes I Just Sit

Chastity Belt - Time to Go Home

All We Are - All We Are

I'm speakerless at the moment but I'll have a listen through some of these lists when I get a chance.

The Chastity Belt album was one of the ones that didn't make my list, but I do really like it. Not listened to the new Tame Impala in full yet but I love the songs they've released so far.

None of them touch Depreston, mind.

so both Beach House - Depression Cherry and Destroyer - Poison Season have leaked which is just lovely (especially as they're both not due until the end of August). two of my most looked forward to releases so can't wait to give them both a listen

Whaaat?! Have you had a chance to check either of them out yet?