IGGY POP

Zoo Music Girl

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw Fogerty then Iggy. That was a good evening.

Seen Roderigo y Gabriela before. Really don't get the fuss about them though.... quite good guitarists, nothing special though

Yeah they're just a bit of fun really. Acoustic metal, flamenco style. I remember them busking on Grafton St in Dublin when they started though and my brother is mates with them so there was a connection there for me to go.

For some reason, despite being a long time fan, I thought Iggy & The Stooges were way past it and it was going to be a shambles of a show. :( Saw them a few months later and they were incredible.

Rod y Gab were getting crowds this size when they weren't signed and still busking!

Edited by The Nal

Yeah I was tempted to go myself - never been to Iceland and would love to go - but the proximity of Glastonbury makes it a no go.

Anyone got any idea how big this festival is? Wondering if Iggy headlining adds weight to the idea he could headline Other. I think he could easily but others seem to disagree.

Yeah I was tempted to go myself - never been to Iceland and would love to go - but the proximity of Glastonbury makes it a no go.

Anyone got any idea how big this festival is? Wondering if Iggy headlining adds weight to the idea he could headline Other. I think he could easily but others seem to disagree.

from the looks of it he's headlining along with Drive Like Jehu and Belle & Sebastian, so unless you think they could also headline Other, probably not

do hope he's on the lineup though! high Other (even sub) would be good for him

Is he as much of a pull without the Stooges? I was thinking maybe third down on Foos day (as someone said earlier, I think).

I wouldn't imagine so. Other Stage headline was fairly generous in comparison to their other festival slots anyway. I'd think his solo show would be nearer to Park headliner sized or something, nowhere near the likes of Nick Cave or even the Pixies' slots. Who gives a shit though as long as he's there?

I wouldn't imagine so. Other Stage headline was fairly generous in comparison to their other festival slots anyway. I'd think his solo show would be nearer to Park headliner sized or something, nowhere near the likes of Nick Cave or even the Pixies' slots. Who gives a shit though as long as he's there?

Good point. I still think he could headline Other but I don't care where he plays really. Park headliner would be fucking great.

Aside from Lionel - deal with it - he's the only feasible act getting me at all excited at the moment.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

Have never been but my WBC Team mate is the ' Chief of Police ' at
Keflavik International Airport and Keflavik town { the healthy guy next to me }
its held at Ásbrú (Former Nato Base) Keflavík so cant be far from the airport.
The capacity for the festival is just 5000 people.

2013-wbc-60.jpg