Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

haha thanks guys

they asked me for suggestions for guests - apparently the stage hasn't been fully booked yet

I asked for Mella Dee because this is fucking huge

http://www.feelmybicep.com/fmb-mixtape-30-mella-dee/

Should of asked for Avicii, I heard he's giving up touring at the end of this year so it might of been the last chance to get him on the wow stage. You blew it 42

Edited by jonodillieono
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Matt42 said:

haha thanks guys

they asked me for suggestions for guests - apparently the stage hasn't been fully booked yet

I asked for Mella Dee because this is fucking huge

http://www.feelmybicep.com/fmb-mixtape-30-mella-dee/

Apologies for being a bamber

Good shout there.

i reckon a Bicep all day set at Wow would be the perfect opportunity for an Electronica/Dance thread offshoot of the efests meet.

7 hours ago, Tuna said:

Imagine Bicep will call in a lot of names from their XOYO residency last summer - and it's a good list.

Looking at who would suit the daytime party vibe well: Jeremy Underground, Midland, Black Madonna, Palms Trax, Young Marco all stick out to me. If they could snap up Pender Street Steppers, it would be wicked.

If you added Hunee to that list I couldn't think of a better way to spend the day times than watching them!

8 hours ago, VisionOfLove said:

Bicep played Wow all day Sunday 2014 as part of the "boat" b2b with dusky and some others, so i imagine it will be something like that

Did you go to that? Wasn't very busy for Dusky but it got busier when Midland & Bicep came on, well half of Bicep. First time I heard 'Can't do without you' by Caribou was when Midland dropped it that day! Was quality

As someone who first saw Carl Cox in 1992 and hasn't been to a 'proper' rave for a good 10 years what sort of set would he play at Glastonbury?  Stuff like this?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCVI7qFU17c

Enjoyed Robert Hood's set last year as he played a load of old stuff which is right up my street - would Cox do this?

12 minutes ago, Eks101 said:

As someone who first saw Carl Cox in 1992 and hasn't been to a 'proper' rave for a good 10 years what sort of set would he play at Glastonbury?  Stuff like this?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCVI7qFU17c

Enjoyed Robert Hood's set last year as he played a load of old stuff which is right up my street - would Cox do this?

You never know. He plays anything really. Seen him do a funk set recently and my mate went to a drum n bass / oldskool night and he was playing oldskool last year. He plays with Fatboy slim a lot and I think he will do a set with him somewhere.

I suspect in the Glade it will be like the Tomorrowland set you posted.

17 minutes ago, Cieran said:

Long shot but I'd love to see the Mood Hut guys show up somewhere this year. Pender Street Steppers, Hashman Deejay, etc. I'd imagine they'd work nicely in NYC Downlow.  

They can bring their sex tags mates with em too! Would be great daytime Beat Hotel fodder imo.

Edited by Tuna

Has anyone got any contacts for who does the booking for all the much smaller bars?

Was in the beer tent last year near the sonic (well otherside of the field) and the girl they had playing was good... but was just a regular club dj when I was chatting to her after.

On 4/3/2016 at 11:25 AM, FuzzyDunlop said:

You never know. He plays anything really. Seen him do a funk set recently and my mate went to a drum n bass / oldskool night and he was playing oldskool last year. He plays with Fatboy slim a lot and I think he will do a set with him somewhere.

I suspect in the Glade it will be like the Tomorrowland set you posted.

Cheers.  Will prob turn up then if there are no big clashes - although I expect it will be horribly rammed.

Where do we see Floating Points playing, people?

I just dearly hope that it's in the dark somewhere. Or do you think they might do the 'Dorian Concept' slot on West Holts? Surely Sam's star is slightly higher than that at the moment?

I'd love a late night Glade set, or subbing the Park or summat.

What d'ya reckon?

Ben

8 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Where do we see Floating Points playing, people?

I just dearly hope that it's in the dark somewhere. Or do you think they might do the 'Dorian Concept' slot on West Holts? Surely Sam's star is slightly higher than that at the moment?

I'd love a late night Glade set, or subbing the Park or summat.

What d'ya reckon?

Ben

Im going for the park, the Glade announced Carl Cox, so why not announce both if he was there?

From what I have heard of FP, it's something I can imagine enjoying as a sub headliner. It's nice, but nothing really grips me that much. Admitedly I haven't heard that much.