Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

11 minutes ago, Fishman said:

Out of interest - which areas of late-night shenanigans do have good sound?

I struggle to think of somewhere that would really be good enough for the full Four Tet DJ experience, as long as it isn't Genosys again it'll be alright and il be there

24 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

WOW is fine sound wise, beat hotel is adequate

How easy is it to get into Wow after hours?

I'm normally over the other side grumbling about the sound at Genosys or contemplating the queue at the Temple.

51 minutes ago, Fishman said:

I'm normally over the other side grumbling about the sound at Genosys or contemplating the queue at the Temple.

For J.E.S.u.S last year it was silly. I was on my own, so slithered in reasonably easily but there was absolutely NO room to dance as it was shoulder to shoulder, so almost pointless. A classic case of people feeling they 'should' be at something as it's hyped and perceived as a cool place to be...

Ben

Group of us headed to the WOW stage on the Thursday for that, thoroughly miserable time, not only where all the entrances about 8 people deep, there was a near constant stream of people pushing past to try and get in, despite it being clear that there was next to no chance of getting in. My mates decided they wanted to get in, I waited outside for them, and about 10 minutes later they emerged, covered in sweat and said that they had managed to move about 3 metres inside the tent and given up.

Long story short - for anyone that is big it's an absolute arse of a place.

1 minute ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Group of us headed to the WOW stage on the Thursday for that, thoroughly miserable time, not only where all the entrances about 8 people deep, there was a near constant stream of people pushing past to try and get in, despite it being clear that there was next to no chance of getting in. My mates decided they wanted to get in, I waited outside for them, and about 10 minutes later they emerged, covered in sweat and said that they had managed to move about 3 metres inside the tent and given up.

Long story short - for anyone that is big it's an absolute arse of a place.

Agreed, I spent about 10/15 mins trying to squeeze my way in, gave up and headed elsewhere 

52 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

For J.E.S.u.S last year it was silly. I was on my own, so slithered in reasonably easily but there was absolutely NO room to dance as it was shoulder to shoulder, so almost pointless. A classic case of people feeling they 'should' be at something as it's hyped and perceived as a cool place to be...

Ben

That why you turned up Ben? ;)

27 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Jesus was always going to be a shit show. The only set I'd heard beforehand was fucking awful as well

I think JESuS sets always seem like they're having too much of a good time to concentrate on djing

I met Jackmaster at the football yesterday, he was hammered he's really good crack actually and great value as a DJ, I really like his sets, shame he won't be there this year 

2 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I think JESuS sets always seem like they're having too much of a good time to concentrate on djing

I met Jackmaster at the football yesterday, he was hammered he's really good crack actually and great value as a DJ, I really like his sets, shame he won't be there this year 

My brother caught their set in Heaven last year and he pretty much said the same thing. Apparently Eats Everything could barely stand up. 

4 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Far better places to watch dance music on site too I guess, I think the Silver Hayes area is ok during the day, just turns into an area of grim despair once the light dims.

I camped in Pylon last year and passed through it at night quite a few times, didn't think it was horrific but unless it was someone I really wanted to see I wouldn't hang around there much

Edited by Mezhyp1

5 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Far better places to watch dance music on site too I guess, I think the Silver Hayes area is ok during the day, just turns into an area of grim despair once the light dims.

Ok then, I'll bite .... where?

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Glade, Arcadia, Beat Hotel, not to mention SE Corner.

Yeah - I wasn't very specific with my question, really.

IMO - Arcadia too quiet (have to right in amongst it and then can't see it), Glade finishes too early, Beat Hotel too far away from other stuff. 

SE Corner - Genosys too quiet, Downlow queues too long, Temple is OK though!

Where else is good?

(blimey, am I that grumpy?)

20 minutes ago, Fishman said:

Ok then, I'll bite .... where?

What Mr Two Hats said basically

When I say it's grim I mean that the crowds can be really bad (in terms of size), the vibe itself can be less than pleasant and it never feels like a destination that I want to spend time in at night, always has the feeling of a thoroughfare - even somewhere like Stonebridge is preferable for me than watching someone in the WOW or Sonic tents after dark - although Carl Craig in 2013 was pretty special

3 minutes ago, Fishman said:

Yeah - I wasn't very specific with my question, really.

IMO - Arcadia too quiet (have to right in amongst it and then can't see it), Glade finishes too early, Beat Hotel too far away from other stuff. 

SE Corner - Genosys too quiet, Downlow queues too long, Temple is OK though!

Where else is good?

(blimey, am I that grumpy?)

Stonebridge Bar, it gets pretty busy up there sometimes though 

4 hours ago, Fishman said:

depends who is on. For EZ it was 20 deep outside

for gerd janson there was about 30-40 people in there. it was my personal highlight!!